43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is buying?

• Definitely
    • When the GOTY is out
    • Depends if it's on sale
    • Maybe one day
    • Probably not.
  2. 2. What version?

If it's the same engine with the same lazy design decisions like Oblivion, I'll end up hating it as well. I seriously can't believe that the same people who made Morrowind did Oblivion.

I want mounted combat so horses are at least SOMEWHAT useful. I want animation that doesn't look worse than some PS1 launch titles. And I don't want stupid lazy level scaling and all caves and ruins coming in one of four layouts unless they are tied to a major quest.

Oblivion was so fucking lazy. I can't believe it sold as much as it did (I could say the same for Fallout 3...).

Found this on youtube after looking at the ME3 trailer, and found this.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim :

69VBGM

eta: Thanks Acid! I was raging in this post and gave up. laugh.gif I thought I ran my cursor over the media button, but I don't think so. That's what I get for sleeping for a couple of hours today.

Maybe, some dudes are theorizing that it may be id Tech 5 or something, others are saying it's just a new in-house engine.

Hard to say at this time, though personally: Anything other than UE please :P

They've being developing the game way too long to be idtech 5. Which is still not completely finished, and they only purchased id recently.

I think if it was id Tech then Zenimax would have them yelling from the hills about it.

It's been confirmed on their forums that it's a new in-house engine.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-uses-brand-new-engine

Not gonna lie here... The engine/graphics was/were the only thing(s) that kept me from finishing the game.

Now that it's confirmed as a new engine... I am excite.

It's been confirmed on their forums that it's a new in-house engine.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-uses-brand-new-engine

Awesome! Now to wait until they release more trailers or something :P

I didn't have a problem with the overall graphics in Oblivion, but the character designs were awful IMO.

I was joking about UE. Cos like Elder Scrolls tends to have massive wide open areas. Oh and Fast Travel.

And UE lags like crap when you give it large open areas and it also does the texture pop-in stuff, which would start to grate after fast travelling about.

Whereas CryEngine and id Tech 5 both seem built to cope perfectly fine with huge open areas.

• 2 weeks later...

I never had many complaints with Oblivion. It's age has really started to show, but nothing that's kept me from playing the hell out of it.

I hope they leave multiplayer out of Skyrim. Multiplayer in a large RPG could easily lead to a MMORPG and I don't want that.

I'm anti-social though. I want to experience my RPG by myself and I want my friends to stay the hell out of my fantasy world!

I'm hoping for some kind of co-op, if did my life would be over for a while. i have to say it feels like its been forever since oblivion. Did anyone play the total conversion mod Nehrim? i started to play it to kinda bridge the gap.

I feel like co-op would ruin the game. Or, at least I feel that running around in the wild, or sneaking my way through a dungeon just wouldn't be the same.