Shameless Gaming Month

Trjn

I'm back and I bring with me a proposal.

Actually, instead of writing this out again, I'll just send you over towards my blog (or PXOD) so you can see what this whole Shameless Gaming Month malarkey is about.

The short version is that there isn't much to do in July and everyone tends to have a ridiculous pile of shame, so why not take advantage in the lull in releases to sit down and play some of those older games that you never got around to beating?

So, what's games form your pile of shame? Any particular titles you plan on using this month to conquer? Are there any games that many people have sitting in their piles of shame that might work for a book club type scenario?

Edited by Trjn

I approve of this idea. I've got Mass Effect 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Pokemon Black, Final Fantasy 13 and pretty much every PSN Welcome Back game (although I do have to re-do WipEout HD/Fury and LittleBigPlanet technically because my save was on my old broke PS3 and I couldn't transfer it.)

And Dead Rising 2 if I pick that up in town tomorrow, I played it at a friend's a while back and it was pretty awesome. I'd have gotten it sooner only there was no demo, and I didn't fancy dipping in on an untried game.

I'd count GT5, but I have to do a serious amount of grinding to get the 24-hour endurance races unlocked, and.. nothankyou.jpg.

I wish I could, I'm working more in July but every month I do intend to finish off my backlog which I never really end up doing. I hope to finish Alice and Shadows of the Damned soon (doing the hard playthrough first and then the easier ones [trophies do not stack and I find it enjoyable enough to do more than 1 playthrough]). Possibly AC:Brohood and some DLCs aside from that and Outland. Maybe Nocturne.

Well i got a few games to go through: http://db.tt/aupDjpT

Yeah i know, i blame Wipeout HD for it. Talk about an attention wh*re of a game.

Anyhow, I'll start with the games that i was playing before, but never did get around to finishing.

1)Infamous

2)Batman: AA

3)Another century episode: R (import)

4)gundam senki 0081 (import)

5)Bordeland

6)LBP

And i'll stop there for now.

Hopefully i'll be able to finish a couple of the games on the pile before Skyrim and ME 3 get release :lol:

Well it's mostly just a coincidence, but I restarted Ocarina of Time the other day and just realised how fitting it was for this thread. I'm pretty much at the point I got to the first time I started playing it (just got the hookshot). I should probably point out that I'm playing the Gamecube Zelda Anniversary Collection version and I've only had my Gamecube a couple of years, so it's not like I've been waiting 12 years to finish the game, but still it's about time I experienced the Water temple for myself I reckon.

Don't know if I'll tackle the rest of my backlog this summer (and I just added 10 games in the last 48 hours, cheers Steam) but top of the pile would definitely be Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which is still in it's rapper (I was going to correct this but the mental image is too amusing).

Looks like Shameless Gaming has spread to the real world: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/07/tasmanias-major-newspaper-is-down-with-shameless-gaming/

The article mentions Press X or Die although the online version (which will be up over at http://www.themercury.com.au/entertainment/attitude.html sometime soon) probably won't.

Also, how's everyone going with this? I haven't finished anything since that marathon session of Uncharted 2 but I'm right on the cusp of beating the Starcraft 2 campaign on Normal and making steady progress in a few other games.

pretty cool, I have a giant pile of shame im slowly hacking away at. I finally finished portal 2 for starters. My backlog is absolutely massive, been clocking in some time in Bad Company 2 for instance which I've had for about a year but never played more than a few hours. Getting somewhere in Borderlands with my housemate as well. Aim is to finish Crysis1 campaign, Mirror's Edge and Dead Space 1. (A lot of EA there.)

Now I hate to be a downer but there's something that has been bugging me about the whole concept for a while:

Wouldn't it be truly shameless to just play whatever you want to play regardless of what your backlog looks like?

Purpousefully going through your backlog feels more like... shameful gaming month.

• 9 months later...