Great Game Music of 2013

Hot Heart

Is there a list of who performed what songs for the GTA5 original score? A quick search doesn't show me anything.

As far as I know, they say it was a collaboration between Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist and Oh No, then mixed by DJ Shadow

I thought we had a thread for this already. o.0

Maybe you're thinking of last year's?

I guess so. I swear I thought we had one. Or maybe that was on the Writer's Board? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Ah, I'm putting together an article for the site and started collecting possibilities a while back, so you're probably thinking of the document on the PXOD GDrive (to which you're free, nay, encouraged to contribute).

Is there a list of who performed what songs for the GTA5 original score? A quick search doesn't show me anything.

As far as I know, they say it was a collaboration between Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist and Oh No, then mixed by DJ Shadow

It's pretty obvious that these specific artists performed different songs if you listened to the soundtrack. Plus, I know people like Deantoni Parks played on the soundtrack but for what songs?

I think he proposed some sort of best all-time game music bracket thing, yeah. But this an annual thing I've done the previous two years.

Pfft! I totally made the 2012 one! Actually, I was as confused as Tenshi when this one popped up as I was under the impression that I had made it this year, for some reason.  :unsure2:

It's pretty obvious that these specific artists performed different songs if you listened to the soundtrack. Plus, I know people like Deantoni Parks played on the soundtrack but for what songs?

If it's pretty obvious then why don't you figure it out? :P

All Rockstar have said is that it is a 'one-time collaboration' and the official site makes no distinction as to who did what. To me it really does sound like an eclectic mix of things thrown together, with a lot of electronic synth elements in every one.

I think he proposed some sort of best all-time game music bracket thing, yeah. But this an annual thing I've done the previous two years.

Pfft! I totally made the 2012 one!

Apologies for any confusion, I meant the PXOD article side of things.

(Why haven't you been banned yet?!) :P

Edited by Hot Heart
  • Like 1