Humble Indie Bundle

deanb

I kinda like it not using the market because I've currently gotten a crappy phone. But that won't always be the case. So when sales like this come along I can't get them through the market cos my current phone is crappy. Kinda like how the guy at Grainger Games stopped me buying Lost Oddyssey cos I don't own a 360. Except, oh wait, he didn't.

So while my phone can't run jack shit of the games from the last bundle at the moment (though my PC can) I can run them when I get a better phone. Though I'll be skipping on this mainly cos I'd only really want it for Swords n Soldiers on PC but not for $6.16. Canabalt is free on PC anyway and I already have Cogs. Not too fussed with the others. Zen Bound seems more like it wants a tablet than a phone anyway.

I also got Cogs in a recent bundle. Wasn't into Canabalt... Zen Bound I've tried on iOS, but was left kind of nonplussed.

But I also don't have anything with Android and wasn't interested enough to get either Droid bundle on Windows... ah well, hit some, miss some. HIB 4 was awesome - I'm still playing with it and I haven't even dug into And Yet It Moves or Shank yet.

• 2 months later...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Well given I won Pyschonauts(though yet to play), several dislike the kind of gameplay Limbo has "here's a trap, DEAD!....jump over the trap and SNAP , turns out there's another, jump over both traps, well done". Not a fan of horror games at all n not much care for Bastion to be splashing out on it this will be one I'll easily be skipping.

Honestly? Probably just Amnesia. I've been hankering to try it for a while now, since I tried it on a friend's Mac a while back. Unfortunately, there's some sort of ridiculous mouse acceleration or something, because the mouse was sluggish as all hell and made it impossible to open doors or manipulate objects coherently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone had a look at the music bundle they're doing? Wonder if they've played out all the indie games anyone actually wants/has heard of.

Do people think it's a good idea they're diversifying or are the losing direction?

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't want to go to the site:

1/5 require a tablet, though Space Chem has a note about its resolution:

* Note that the Android version of SpaceChem is designed for devices with a resolution of 1280x800 or greater. Please try this demo on Google Play

I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay such a high average at this point. If only this was in September.