Playstation Plus

TheMightyEthan

• 4 weeks later...

September's line-up is, uh... not the greatest.

Velocity 2X (PS4, Vita)

Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (PS3, Vita)

Hoard (PS3)

Joe Danger (Vita)

TxK (Vita)

Velocity 2X is a new release so I guess that's nice? I got the original through Plus, I think, but never bothered to try it. No idea what the fuck Sportsfriends even is. PABR feels like it should've been on there months ago but eh, at least I didn't grab it one of the fifteen times it was on sale for less than 5 bucks. And Hoard?? Really? That game is like 5 years old. I tried the demo way back when it first came out and it looked fucking terrible, too.

Joe Danger Vita is nice, I was already thinking of double dipping. Sounds like it's only the first game, though. That'd be a shame because the second one is so much better. Both games merged into one would be fucking amazing.

Edited by FLD

September's line-up is, uh... not the greatest.

Velocity 2X (PS4, Vita)

Sportsfriends (PS4, PS3)

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale (PS3, Vita)

Hoard (PS3)

Joe Danger (Vita)

TxK (Vita)

Velocity 2X is a new release so I guess that's nice? I got the original through Plus, I think, but never bothered to try it. No idea what the fuck Sportsfriends even is. PABR feels like it should've been on there months ago but eh, at least I didn't grab it one of the fifteen times it was on sale for less than 5 bucks. And Hoard?? Really? That game is like 5 years old. I tried the demo way back when it first came out and it looked fucking terrible, too.

Joe Danger Vita is nice, I was already thinking of double dipping. Sounds like it's only the first game, though. That'd be a shame because the second one is so much better. Both games merged into one would be fucking amazing.

Sportsfriends would be the best thing ever if you had a Move. So tempted to pick up a few now. So awesome that Johann Sebastian Joust finally came out after being at PAX and every other convention for years.

Yeah, I just found out that Velocity X2 is going to be 20$ for non-Plus subscribers. That's not a bad value at all. I've said it before but cross-buy has made the past few months amazing for Vita owners.

But still, it's kinda sad that the only two games I'm legitimately excited for this month are a port of an older game I've already played and a cross-buy Vita version of a game that's technically not even on the line-up (Don't Starve).

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't even tried it yet but I had a friend who's a skeptic. At first he was like "it's okay" over chat, but within an hour he was like "this is totes great."

I actually played it at Eurogamer, so I know what it's all about. Seems okay.

SportsFriends MMXIV is actually amazing though. Especially with 2-4 friends.

Edited by kenshi_ryden

• 10 months later...

The yearly price will remain the same which is the best value, so people should be using that anyways.

If I'm forced to pay it I guess I will, but I'd rather be able to pay a smaller fee once a month than a larger one annually. £6 a month is number I can forget about; £40 for the year isn't. 

• 1 year later...

Theres a "days of play" sale on the PS store atm, which also includes PS+ being on sale for the annual subscription (normally £40, now £30). Handily mine is about to expire so I think I'll take advantage of that. (Seems to be across most places, also down to £30 at GAME and Argos. I imagine others too).

No idea if this is the same in the US, but I imagine so.

I bought that yesterday even though my current plus doesn't run out until October. It's cheaper than any of the cdkeys type places normally sell it for and I bought it with  a £50 PSN card I got for £41.65 so it worked out cheaper than I'm likely to find it from any non-dodgy sources and I like not having to scramble around at the end of a subscription with fear I'll not get a good price.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...