Playstation Plus

TheMightyEthan

You'd be surprised. Besides, the packages they currently offer are pretty shit and overpriced. The ones that are on par with my bandwidth usage costs much more than what we currently pay. And it seems pointless to me to pay for a faster speed if it comes with a cap that's a fraction of what I currently use.

There's actually a pretty good local independant provider called TekSavvy that offers unlimited at a decent price and speed. If I'm ever forced to change (or when I move out), they're the ones I'm likely to go with.

Edited by FLD

When is the last date to sub to the PSN to download these titles? I have been debating whether or not I should sub for PSN Plus ever since the hack last year and I got a free month, never really had the cash flow to do so. Now I do, and I'm not sure I want to just yet, but boy is it tempting. Mostly for Saints Row 2!

I've spent half the day downloading Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. I've always wanted to get into the series, but never put the money down to start somewhere.

So why not with a free game?

It's probably the best deal of all the free games because it's still marked as $59.99 whereas Infamous 2 and LBP2 have been $39.99.

All 4 One is actually one of the lesser R&C games. It was made for 4 players and you can feel it. The regular one person games are a lot tighter and the levels are a lot more intricate.

Dont get me wrong, All 4 One is still a really good game, but I cant say its a good way to judge all the other R&C games. Especially if you prefer single player over multiplayer.

Im assuming youre going to play it by yourself though. If you play it with 3 other people, it'll be a blast.

• 3 months later...

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/psn-to-offer-retail-games-cheaper-on-day-one/4386/

It's better than Live's strategy for sure, but you already paid them $60 for the Plus membership...

And then you still have to pre-order, which is negligible I guess, since you're buying day one anyway.

I just feel it should be 49.99 digital for 59.99 titles, like most new steam games. I'm not basing that on anything at all so if there's any arguments for just having 10% discount I'd be happy to hear it and be even happier about this move.

but you already paid them $60 for the Plus membership...

$50. And no one should be buying Plus just for this, obviously. I use it for the free games every month and the cloud saving. I've only bought a handful of sale games, personally.

like most new steam games

Depends on the publisher. Major publishers all charge $60 now.

This isnt really a plus thing, it's a PSN thing, but...

Instant gratification–plus $20 when you spend $100.

With Day 1 Digital you can download the biggest Fall premieres the same day as store release. Plus, spend $100 in the PlayStation®Store during October and get $20 back. Pre-Order select titles and get an exclusive theme.

Sadly, this is going to be easy for me. New Little King's Story, Ragnarok Odyssey, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Street Fighter X Tekken, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation all come out in October. Im not saying Im going to buy all of them, but it should be easy to pick some out and spend 100 bucks.

Edited by Strangelove

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome Halloween sale tomorrow, everybody.

Dead Space 2 $13.99 $9.79

Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection: Content Pack $10.49 $7.34

Dead Rising 2 Off The Record $13.99 $9.79

Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita $10.49 $7.34

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $34.99 $24.49

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack $5.59 $3.91

The House of the Dead Bundle $21.99 $15.39

Zen Pinball 2 PS Vita Monsters Bundle $5.99 $4.19

AMY $4.99 $2.50

Costume Quest complete bundle $7.49 $3.75

Dead Nation $7.49 $3.75

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime $2.49 $1.25

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood $4.99 $2.50

If you dont have it, I think now is the time to get Plus. I have to renew mine.

As far as reccomendations go: Dead Space 2, Mutant Blobs, Costume Quest, And inFamous FES are must haves.

Im getting Mutant Blobs, maybe House of the Dead if it includes Overkill, and maybe PvZ.

Holding out on Dead Space 2 has been a brilliant move from this old cowboy poet.

PSVITA PS+ DISCOUNT!? SCORE!

I will be purchasing: Dead Space 2, Plants vs Zombies, Tales from Space, Costume Quest.

Edited by TheCowboyPoet

• 4 weeks later...

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

Holy crap. I own all of these except JSR, but its still impressive.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/13/playstation-plus-for-ps-vita-available-next-week-take-the-tour/

Most if not all of the Plus features from the PS3 will be on the Vita: automatic updates, trophy synching, and online save storage.

JSR's one of my favourite games of all time. Got it on the XBLA and reviewed it. So amaze.

My PS+ subscrip ran out around April this year. Never had the money to rekindle it. I have the money now, but probably shouldn't waste it on something like that. MAN. But IT SO GOOOD!

I'm always seeing discounted PS+ Cards online. If you shop around i'm sure you could get it for cheaper than whatever Sony is asking for it outright.

There's a slightly different selection of games coming to the EU (Gravity Rush and Uncharted: GA, Chronovualt? and Mutant Blobs Attack), but i'm still very much excited to get on board with this. It's just a shame Wipeout won't be available.

I think that EU is taking the same route as PS3 PS+ in that they will have two long term, big ticket releases and then rotate in other titles on a regular basis. Rather than the US content dump at the start of the month/quarter/whatever.

Either way, both services will see parity to a certain degree.

Edit: Incidentally, as is to be expected given the early life of the console, I own most of the free content, however, looking forward to some good freebies in the future.

Edited by Thursday Next

I did their FB deal so have a months free. Housemate is interested in the Ratchet n Clank game but it's 15GB :/ I'm interested in giving Crysis 2 a blast on console and that's at least a bit smaller (but I'll likely just pop on console overnight). Grabbed Scott Pilgrim too, so hoping to maybe have a bit of co-op gaming this weekend.