Playstation Plus

TheMightyEthan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't know exactly where to put this, but Sony has something for you to use your Gold trophies on.

https://www.bidforgreatness.com/

If you haven't clicked yet, it's an auction for props used in the Greatness ad Sony had done a while. Rather than money, your Gold trophies are the currency you use to bid on items (and you don't lose them). It's mostly costumes, weapons, and some concept art. Items are scheduled for bidding, but the short and skinny of this all is that unless you whored yourself through dozens upon dozens of games, I don't think you're going to win anything with double digit count of Gold Trophies.

Currently a Killzone outfit is 300+ Gold trophies.

It'll ask for your birthday, then play a YouTube video where the items you see in the video will pop up below telling you what date the item will be available to bid on. So there is quite a bit of script going on. Still, unless you have a crap ton of Gold Trophies, I wouldn't expect to win anything.

If you want to see the items up for bid, PlayStation Blog

Are there ever any offers on the Plus subscription? With LIVE, if your subscription lapses the send you offers (e.g. 2 months of £2) and they often have general offers, such as buy a year get 1 month or MS points free.

I know Plus is a different proposition and I'm not arguing it's value which I definitely see, but is it worth keeping an eye out, or is it pretty much the 1 year = £40, no exceptions.

I think for the PS3, there won't ever be as much "convincing" for PS+ as there will probably be with the PS4. Considering multiplayer is going to be a PS4 PS+ feature, I'm sure we'll see more deals on the 3 Month Plan.

Otherwise, I did recently get another three months with that bundle off Best Buy. If you already own both a PS3 and Vita, then you can't take advantage of those Instant Game Collection bundles. The PS4 will have those bundles with a game and 1 Year Plan, so there's always a good foothold for PS+ when the PS4 is out.

That's what I like about PS+ though. I don't play online often enough to warrant paying for an Xbox Gold account, but I like having it there as an option for the odd time when I want to play online. PS+ though, is worth it even without the online play. So even though I might only play a couple hours of multiplayer a month, I'm still getting value for PS+.