Friendship is Magic

Mister Jack

• 2 weeks later...

The MLP iphone game is out now and it's free to download. I'm actually rather impressed with the presentation so far. Retina display, iphone 5 widescreen support, and even voice acting from the show's cast. It's just a town-building game as far as I can tell, but those can be great to whip out for five or ten minutes at a time when you're bored.

Luna's just Luna. Sombra was a little underdeveloped for my taste. Sauron is a good comparison. Who cared about Sauron in Lord of the Rings? The real villain was Saruman. He's the guy who actually DID shit. Unfortunately, Sombra had no Saruman and the episode suffered for it.

That aside, I thought the jokes were good. Rarity was particularly funny. I also like that Spike finally gets some recognition (and his own stained glass window). The main thing I take away from this premiere is that book Luna was holding at the end. It's obviously important or they wouldn't have shown it in the last five seconds, but what could it be? There's a theory going around that it could be a book by Starswirl the Bearded, since the cover has stars and a swirl on it.

I hope Sombra isn't gone for good. I mean, he got shattered into a million pieces so I realize it's unlikely he'll come back but I would like to see him live up to his full potential as an antagonist in this universe.

• 1 month later...

I caught up to the last two episodes.

Episode 10:

Hey, Discord did come back! An episode showing Fluttershy is best pony? Uh, heck yeah! Didn't know how to exactly make of her actually knowing she would use her friendship as a bargaining chip... Friendship is Subjective?

Episode 11:

Considering we haven't seen that little phoenix, this actually made a good reason why. Spike has always been terrible with animals! We also got to see more Tank!

Welp, it finally happened.  The development team behind Fighting is Magic, despite having already worked for over a year without hearing a peep and being nearly finished with the game, got a cease and desist letter today.  Now nobody gets to play it.

Feels really fuckin bad, man.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...