US Politics

Thorgi Duke of Frisbee

20 members have voted

1. 1. Death Penalty

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Case-by-case
    • I judge from afar in my death penalty-less country

Regarding the greeting thing, though, in my experience the same people who get pissed off when someone tells them "Merry Christmas" as opposed to the religion-neutral "Happy Holidays" are the same people who get bent out of shape when someone says "god bless you" if they sneeze. Seems a ridiculous thing to get mad about.

Have you ever known anyone to get pissed off when someone says "Merry Christmas"? The only anger I've ever seen wrt the greeting is when Christians flip the fuck out because someone says "Happy Holidays".

My wife worked retail. Yep, some people get pissed when you wish them Merry Christmas. Those are the people whom I hope can never have children.

I fear for my "nephew." His mother is a Catholic but his father is the most absolutely ignorant and self-righteous atheist out there. I just hope his son doesn't grow up to be so arrogant and intollerant as his dad.

Regarding the greeting thing, though, in my experience the same people who get pissed off when someone tells them "Merry Christmas" as opposed to the religion-neutral "Happy Holidays" are the same people who get bent out of shape when someone says "god bless you" if they sneeze. Seems a ridiculous thing to get mad about.

Have you ever known anyone to get pissed off when someone says "Merry Christmas"? The only anger I've ever seen wrt the greeting is when Christians flip the fuck out because someone says "Happy Holidays".

My wife worked retail. Yep, some people get pissed when you wish them Merry Christmas. Those are the people whom I hope can never have children.

I fear for my "nephew." His mother is a Catholic but his father is the most absolutely ignorant and self-righteous atheist out there. I just hope his son doesn't grow up to be so arrogant and intollerant as his dad.

I wish people would just take the sentiment as it's offered. You know what I do when someone says "Have a merry Christmas" to me? I say "Thank you, you too." Srsly ppl.

There have been long-winded debates on "Happy Holidays" vs. "Merry Christmas," but it always ends up the same: Someone, somewhere is going to get pissed off by one of the two phrases.

Makes me glad that I don't have to worry about saying either one at work. I hand people decent burgers and they get on with their lives.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in Pewter city every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but Pokemon aren't real.

As President, I'll end Obama's war on Pokemon. And I'll fight against fanboy attacks on our Pokemon heritage.

Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.

I'm Rick Perry and I have a level 100 Shiny Snorlax.

• Like 1

http://boingboing.net/2011/12/11/congressional-staffers-behind.html

Hey, the Congressional backers behind SOPA got pay raises and have taken on a new job, working for the entertainment companies that benefit from the bill! Their new job? Launching a campaign to get SOPA passed, of course.

• Like 2

You know your campaign is fucked when your dumbass remark becomes an Internet meme.

It's been a long standing tradition for talk shows and comedy sketches to do this, but now we're in an Internet era where anyone can do it themselves.

Of course, I think Santorum has it worse because his name is now synonymous with a mixture of lube and fecal matter through the power of the Internet.

That bill needs to be killed. Not reworked, not edited. Killed.

Obama already vowed to veto it, if it somehow passes.

Speaking of which, he's going to end up getting re-elected solely because the Republicans can't field any competent candidates at all. Seriously, I can't think of any that stand a chance.

• Like 3