Post Your Purchases

TheMightyEthan

Alright, so this is a thread for posting stuff you buy. It will probably mostly be game-related, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

I'll start:

83_s.gif

Bought the Steam version.

*Edit* - Okay, Dean made a thread in General Gaming Chat specifically for game purchases. If you bought a game, put it there.

http://board.pressxordie.com/index.php?/topic/172-games-youve-bought/

I've never seen those beers.

Micro-brews? Whereabouts?

Victory is out of PA. I think they have decent distribution, but not exactly sure which states. Summit is a St. Paul, MN original. They've been around since the mid-80s (between them, Anchor, and Sam Adams, they helped kick off the whole craft beer movement). Not exactly sure how far they distribute at the moment. Most of their stuff is okay; a decent standard, but their limited releases lately are amazing. I mean, Imperial Pumpkin Porter!? It's a bit like having heaven in your mouth.

I am unfamiliar with Haywire; we don't get that distributed here. But apricot beers can be really fun.

Summit and Victory might not make it out that far. But, the West Coast gets TONS of stuff I can't have in MN; Stone, Dogfish Head, Alaskan, Nectar, Bear Republic, Russian River, and Sierra Nevada actually tastes fresh and hoppy, etc., etc. I finally had Pliny the Younger when I was in Santa Monica two weeks ago...it was AMAZING!

I am unfamiliar with Haywire; we don't get that distributed here. But apricot beers can be really fun.

Summit and Victory might not make it out that far. But, the West Coast gets TONS of stuff I can't have in MN; Stone, Dogfish Head, Alaskan, Nectar, Bear Republic, Russian River, and Sierra Nevada actually tastes fresh and hoppy, etc., etc. I finally had Pliny the Younger when I was in Santa Monica two weeks ago...it was AMAZING!

Stone we get - some of my friends swear by Arrogant Bastard. I've seen Dogfish frequently, but haven't bought it yet - I'll have to try it now. Sierra Nevada I've never been too big a fan of, but that might be a bias (due to some friends' reactions).

Hefeweisen-wise, Pyramid does a damn good one, but I have no idea where they're located.

San Francisco (my area) has some damn good IPA and Pale Ales with their local micro-brew, Speakeasy, but I doubt that goes out as far as you, unfortunately. We also have Anchorsteam which I'm not as big a fan of, and I doubt is the same as your 'Anchor', but I had to wonder for a moment.

I would be a happy person to taste so many of the beers out there.

Stone we get - some of my friends swear by Arrogant Bastard. I've seen Dogfish frequently, but haven't bought it yet - I'll have to try it now. Sierra Nevada I've never been too big a fan of, but that might be a bias (due to some friends' reactions).

Hefeweisen-wise, Pyramid does a damn good one, but I have no idea where they're located.

San Francisco (my area) has some damn good IPA and Pale Ales with their local micro-brew, Speakeasy, but I doubt that goes out as far as you, unfortunately. We also have Anchorsteam which I'm not as big a fan of, and I doubt is the same as your 'Anchor', but I had to wonder for a moment.

I would be a happy person to taste so many of the beers out there.

I like Stone, but only because I can't get it here, I think. Pyramid is out on the East Coast I believe (they just bought Magic Hat a year or two ago, I think. They've gotten pretty big). Sierra Nevada is great if you like simple, fresh hopped beer. No Speakeasy, but Anchor Steam is definitely the same Anchor. Those guys have been around FOREVER! I think the Our Special Ale 2011 is got to be kicking out soon. Can't wait!

And you can never go wrong with the local stuff. We have quite a few that have sprung up over the past few years and it's fantastic.

If you want the best Hefeweizen your money can buy, try to find some Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen. Can't make them like Germany can.

Even at the old forum, despite being in General Gaming, people posted non-game related things. And since this is in Off Topic, and Ethan said, "It will probably mostly be game-related, but it doesn't necessarily have to be," I think he knew what he was doing.

As for my purchases, it's usually some combo of this:

camel_lights_new.jpg

bud-light-logo-bottle.jpg

free_gasoline_prices.jpg

Ethan I think it may of being important to point out primarily 'games you buy'. Unless putting this in Off-Topic it was your intent to have a thread where ever little minutiae of what we buy, which will be alot, get's posted?

I expected it to be like the other thread, where it was mostly games with occasional other stuff thrown in.

*Edit* - Ah yeah, clown saw that.

I have to say, this was the best day ever!

Well, as far as receiving packages in the mail and finding items in a store goes. I recently had an issue with my Nintendo Wii where it couldn't play my Mario Kart Wii disc very well. All my other games worked on the console, but the stranger thing was the Mario Kart Wii disc played on other Wii consoles. So I sent it in, FedEx dudes helped package it (though one was a douche) and I waited.

It didn't take long at all. Supposedly there was a broken component of the disc drive, and I know how come. I took my Wii to an activity and about two/three times someone knocked it down from its vertical stand. We were playing Mario Kart Wii at the time, so that connects the dots. Anyway, got it back today and the thing sounds smooth.

That's not it, as the UPS guy had another package for me: my Tron Legacy Soundtrack and Daft Punk poster bundle! Though I haven't found a 27 x 39 frame in stores (Wal-Mart had 27 x 40), I'm just happy to have it! Just means I'll have to do more online shopping along with my Christmas stuff.

Lastly, as I am both a huge nerd and Tron fan, I got a Tron figure for cheap. This may not seem like a big deal, but I kinda enjoyed feeling and thinking like a kid again. I'm sure you guys did the same tactic, so it was nostalgic when I realized kids had hidden the good stuff behind all the unwanted stuff. It's impossible to keep a toy section organized, so why should I think one hook has all the same figures?

Now that I think about it, there was that Big Sister figure a while ago...