The Legend of Zelda Thread

TCP

No I use a Wii U.

Step 1: Click the home button

Step 2: Go to Miiverse
Step 3: Save the image (the image will be whatever was displayed when you hit home) to your screenshot album

Step 4: Go to miiverse.nintendo.net, login, and find your screenshot.

Though I have to admit, I'm regretting not having a Switch.

It always drops in villages, but luckily that doesn't impact play because you're never in combat in a village.

It does frequently drop in bad weather, but not badly enough in my experience to hinder play.

I mean, it's bad, and there's no excuse for it, but the game is good enough otherwise that it more than makes up for it.

Yes, somewhere around that, maybe a bit more since I played late last night. I have beat all 120 shrines, all 4 dungeons, but I have not yet faced off with Ganon. I'm going to do that last. Right now, I have to continue upgrading the reward for beating all shrines, and then work on some sidequests. 

The best part is I'm still discovering new things, like yesterday, I found one of the secret shops who deals in mons.

Edited by Cowboy Danger Poet

But I mean you have met Kilton before, right?

I only ask because browsing online (i.e. r/zelda) you'd be surprised how late in-game people will discover things that others witnessed in their first few hours. It's representative of how dynamic Breath of the Wild is that everyone's time and path is different. I mean, I'm sitting at something like 40+ hours and I still have only freed one Divine Beast. I'm working on the second one, but these Shrines are so satisfying.

I guess it can be a problem because for example I haven't explored the part of the map where you can get most of the horse saddles. Not to mention I haven't found the inventory expansion character once again.

Yep, but it doesn't help that half of them are in the same region. So really you could be going most of the game until you get to that specific area.

I beat another Divine Beast last night and found the NPC for inventory expansion last night. The Divine Beast was Vah Rudania and it's Boss was dirt easy. However, I liked navigating the "dungeon" more than Vah Ruta. It was more straightforward and only had a simple mechanic to navigate.

I also came upon the infamous Shrine last night. Like, the completion of that Shrine is actually easy. It's the optional bonus that is frustrating. I looked up a solution because you know I've gotta get all the treasure chests!

I really wish this game had adjustable graphics settings like Nioh did on the PS4.  If I could turn down some of the ambient occlusion or something in exchange for a stable framerate, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I mean, it's already a Wii U game.  No matter how nice it looks, Horizon still blows it out of the water.

• Like 1

If my eyes rolled any harder, I'd probably go cross-eyed. Granted I don't watch Super Bunnyhop regularly as he's never been my style. You can go through my post history to verify this isn't some rabid fanboy backlash.

Because honestly he's right that criticism must be expected and willing to be accepted for future progression. But who the hell concatenates loading times and uses it as a reference chart of progression? And if you marathon anything, not to mention using it as armor against rabid fanboys, it's going to work against you. Shit, does that do any game justice?

I still regret rushing through LA Noire because I had it on rental. Not to mention, and I believe it was Ethan here who warned me, I tried to go through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood right after Assassin's Creed II and it burned me out near the beginning of that game.

Because quite fucking frankly the music in this game is phenomenal. But if you're listening to it near non-stop for an entire week, you're going to hate yourself. But hey, that is just my opinion of the music. Others found certain segments annoying either because of sound or progression.

Namely, say Angry Joe who I feel gives an excellent review and gives interesting insight because he's never played a Zelda game before.

Yeah Super Bunny Hop sucks, and his big complaint of "you have to go and collect a bunch of materials" is silly. Bro, you're playing a video game. 

Angry Joe on the other hand, well, I don't know if I trust someone who's never played a Zelda game. 

I'm only two dungeons down so far but to be honest I can't remember a single song I've heard in the game so far outside of the remixed classic tunes. The music isn't bad, but it seems quite forgettable. Maybe I just haven't heard the really good tracks yet?

My biggest complaint, outside of the technical issues and the rain fucking up my climbing, is the weapon durability thing.  I get that the whole point is to keep using new and different weapons, and I do appreciate that, but it just feels like everything breaks way too quickly.  Even in real life, I'm pretty sure medieval weapons were crafted to last longer than one or two opponents.

Edited by Mister Jack

Honestly, just get the Master Sword. It does "run out of energy" but it's back in like 10 minutes. For the next game, I wouldn't mind them upgrading the amount of durability but also lessening the amount of weapons you could find. Then they could put in more opponents that won't drop weapons, which would give us more interesting enemy designs. Win-win. 
Also, near halfway through the game, gimmie a goddamn ocarina so I can play a song to change the weather.

Edited by Cowboy Danger Poet
  • Like 2

DOUBLE POST:

Or maybe, especially for higher level weapons and rare unique weapons, be able to repair them like The Witcher 3. They could make it costly if they want to keep the spirit of finding/replacing weapons alive. I received a rare sword from an amiibo that I'm too afraid to use so it just sits there, it'd be nice to be able to use that. One thing the game does do, is make the higher level weapons more durable, but it's still not much better.