The Legend of Zelda Thread

TCP

• 1 month later...

I can finally watch these two and yeah, Mark is spot on about the adventure aspect and the music that accompanies you as Link.  As for his future Boss Key video, I wonder what he has to say about BotW's shrines and Divine Beasts. It's a complicated mix of good, okay and bad.

I have no issues with the Divine Beasts themselves but definitely something about the time preceding most of the Divine Beasts. As for the shrines. The time before you go inside the shrines varies from just walking up to and entering them, to solving an environmental puzzle or quests to reveal them. I loved most of the environmental puzzles and quests. Not so much love of the ones you just walk up to. As for the insides, it's varied as well. Some you just collect your reward and others can build up on a concept to even include an area beyond the shrine normal end point.

• 3 weeks later...

"BotW Project Management — Seamless from Prototype to Final Product!"

https://medium.com/@gypsyOtoko/the-final-botw-cedec-session-as-far-as-i-know-is-from-the-engineers-botw-project-management-c30f4e42598e

Some really cool stuff there, specially the QA bit, with the Game Over View, and the debugging stuff. :P 

• Like 2

Yeah that's what happened to me. I've tried on the Wii VC, Wii U VC, the GBA version, some ROMs here and there, and most recently on an actual cart this summer. But I never got far. I think on the Wii version I beat the first three dungeons, and that was previously the furthest I got. This time I'm on the SNES Classic and for whatever reason I'm really enjoying it. Two dungeons left!! 

For as big as a Zelda/SNES fan as I am, I always felt ashamed about never completing ALTTP (I've beaten everything from Link's Awakening onwards minus the DS games and ALBW). Super Metroid is next! 

Edited by Ultra Spooky TCP

1 hour ago, TheSpookyEthan said:

I've tried to play that game so many times and I always bounce off at the first dungeon.

I have the same problem, having a quick Google, I think it's the Swamp Palace or Skull Woods where I get off the train. It really frustrates me. I'm at peace with the fact I'll never get on at all with the first one but I feel I could finish LttP if I could have more patience with it. I may go through it with a guide one day, but then will I just have a different feeling of dissatisfaction around the game.

I thought they said Q1 2018?

Anyway, yeah, I spoke too soon.

UZgzFJI.jpg

I gave it another try after learning that 

Spoiler

Lynels, no matter the strength, can be killed by a single Ancient Arrow

That made it much more manageable.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The other day I was making the point that immersive sims kinda have a uniform tone.  They're always doing this post apocalypse/dystopia/post apocalyptic dystopia (hi Bioshock!) thing with brutal murdering and high difficulty stealth and lots of fiddly parts.  So I asked why this is, and what an immersive sim with a pleasant disposition might look like.  The answer I got is that maybe that game is Zelda Breath of the Wild.  I thought that was an interesting perspective.  And it makes me think about some of the directions the inevitable sequel might take differently.