Apps that have caught your eye

Mister Jack

Unlike the favorite apps thread, this one is for apps that either are not released yet or that you have not bought but are considering or are just plain impressed by. All kinds of new and interesting things are being done with apps, both in and outside of gaming. What's gotten your attention?

Sorry I was tired last night a forgot to describe it.

It's a music composition app that was supposed to come out a couple months ago but should come out before the new year. It has a lot of instruments and can also be used with garage band to clean up the tracks.

So basically it's yet another DAW for non-serious musicians like GarageBand?

Ok, I'm pretty impressed with the SoM port. Rather than just running an emulator with a virtual SNES pad, a lot of things (menus and such) are redone to be optimized for a touch screen. The d-pad (joystick, really) works pretty well, although I turn off the directional assistance myself. If you liked Secret of Mana and have an ipod touch or an iphone, it seems like a good game to have on there.

• 6 months later...

Age of Zombies on any platform is good. PSN minis, iOS, Android. whatever. I'd recommend it.

Dead Space on the iOS is also good. I've got a lot of iOS titles that are decent should post some recommendations.

Civ Rev is good for it. Ash is an ok rpg as is chaos rings. Game Dev Story is always fun. Wait for 2. Oregon trail is oregon trail. Flying Hamster. Moviecat is fun as is 7words. A lot of popcap games are the same old. Prosewithbros is quite fun.

• Like 1

Just looked it up. RTS? Care to talk a lil' about it?

I just started on They Need To Be Fed (android.) At the very least, it looks nice and controls well.

Btw has anyone heard about Plants vs Zombies going on the regular Android market? I'm not a fan of the requirement of the Amazon App Store being installed