QR link: http://dotconnexion.ubi.com/

So this looked pretty damn nifty. I'll update with video once it hits online. My main issue is it was going fairly well until the gun fight started up. Also the pre-game bit talking about PMC conspiracy stuff didn't have me going in with high-hopes.

edit: And the gameplay video:

As everyone else probably feels, I hope that gunfight was the exception rather than the norm. If it has a Deus Ex approach, the option to use your stalker-like powers to get out of there and assassinate the target with said powers, that'd be, to steal from EA's showing, 'rad'.

[EDIT]

Huh, apparently my stream cut out at the worst moment, and I missed the part where you crash the target's car. I had just presumed it transitioned straight into all out gunning. My bad.

Edited by Skoshuke

As everyone else probably feels, I hope that gunfight was the exception rather than the norm. If it has a Deus Ex approach, the option to use your stalker-like powers to get out of there and assassinate the target with said powers, that'd be, to steal from EA's showing, 'rad'.

I wouldn't mind if it the gunfights involved hacking and shit somehow.

Looks very interesting indeed. It has great atmosphere because the setting looks amazing. Sad thing is... its Ubisoft. Knowing their track record I don't have high hopes for a good PC release. If I can pass on Assassin Creed, I can pass on this. I really don't want to since again, it looks amazing.

Everything from the lighting, the UI, the movement, animations, music, hell, even the ambient dialogue gives me a DX:HR vibe, and that's awesome. Maybe it's something about Asian dudes talking on cell phones that starts my "DXHR-meter" off, but goddamn, this looks good in that department.

That aside, I'm wary. It could be great if it keeps the gameplay non-linear, but a linear TPS just doesn't appeal to me right now, no matter how good the story and world ends up being.

Looks like how a modern Assassin's Creed might work.

You just blew my fucking mind.

Anyway, the gunfight didn't look bad as far as shooting games go, I was just disappointed that it turned into a shooting game at all. I'm hoping that's a rarity in the game and/or it's one of those "approach situations however you want" kind of things.

Certainly a highlight of the show for me so far. I just hope it's not scripted, looks almost too good to be true.

Yeah, the gunfight ruined the mood due to a rather large amount of shooty-shooty action already this E3. I'd just like to have a game that's not really hugely violent. PRetty much every AAA game involves shooting of some kind.

I don't think the gunplay made the game any better or worse, it was just a thing, I guess. Seeing as, at a glance, it's a sort of Assassins Creed/Hitman-esque game, I don't think you'll get away without a bit of violence.

I'm not opposed to a bit of violence, like when he beat the crap out of that guard with his baton, but I wish that not every game felt like they had to make you an invincible whirlwind of destruction capable of annihilating entire armies singlehandedly in straight-out gunfights. This game has way too much potential to let it devolve into another game where you just mow down baddies with an assault rifle.

This game looks great both visually and concept wise. I think the gun play looks solid and enjoyable, but like most people here it's the least interesting thing about the game.

After watching this and the gun play for the last of us I just want more games where your character is not an expert in handling fire arms, some one who is shooting like you or I would the first time we might pick up a gun. Last of us shows that it can be fun looking and intense

I think it would do Watching Dogs and The Last of Us a great service if there wasnt any extra ammo. When you find a gun, you only have the ammo thats in the gun and once you use that, thats it. And guns should only come from other people with guns, there wouldnt be guns lying around everywhere. You have to find another way to kill/disable people.