But the internet connected guy seeing the quarters leave one registered

person's hand and enter another registered person's styrofoam cup would

register on the database.

...but he would have to change the values in the database himself. Why the fuck would he do that?

I was rather thinking that it was done automatically, like everyone is taking in all this data, but only he has hacked his implants or what have you to be able to see it all. Like how my phone is pretty much constantly broadcasting my location and the location of my friends, but I only see it in a meaningful way when I open my Google Latitude app.

If all the AR data he was presented with took a concious effort to call up then I can't imagine he'd bother.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'd assume going from conventional gameplay progression (and I'm swearing I'v e written my thoughts on this down before now) that you'll start with basic hacking abilities, with more expanding as story progresses, be it gaining new codes or better phones or what not. And same happens with the enemies(assuming they're that) in upgrading security meaning basic hacks started the game with likely won't work in future. It's sort of "Uplink: The Open World Version"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 minutes of gameplay. Shows a fair few neat "hacks". Though it's a bit silly there's physical controls for the scissor lift right there and he goes and hacks it with his phone anyway. The player does bring up a good point with next to no main story being mentioned so far. Which is quite nice actually I guess, though I'd hope there is one cos I have a feeling the hack stuff and "emergent gameplay" would only entertain for so many hours.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if it's done ala Cowboy Bebop. Maybe have a very light main story sprinkled in while it's basically him doing missions, then eventually after X hours of gameplay add a main story mission, then so on until you eventually have the choice of finalizing the main plot.

• 5 weeks later...

For those who aren't going to bother watching: You use it when you're not playing the game. Or your body does. Both to aid you... and to fuck with you if they choose. It's an opt-in feature for the player who is playing in-game. Sounds pretty cool, really. Not intended as a time-sink or a major feature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I could have sworn someone had already posted this, but if so I can't find it. Looks fucking awesome. Though the part about wanting the player to question their own morality kind of amused me; unless the game systems penalize me or characters express sadness over my actions I will steal every single thing that's not nailed down without one single shred of remorse.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Delayed till Spring 2014. They must have known about this for awhile since it takes nearly a month to certify, manufacture, and ship world wide. Strange that they wait till now to delay it. I wonder if GTA V set the bar too high for modern-city open world games so they delayed to either A) distance from GTA or B) improve the game?

Delayed till Spring 2014. They must have known about this for awhile since it takes nearly a month to certify, manufacture, and ship world wide. Strange that they wait till now to delay it. I wonder if GTA V set the bar too high for modern-city open world games so they delayed to either A) distance from GTA or B) improve the game?

Could be that Ubisoft's own game, AC4, might overshadow it.

Either way, even though I really want to play the game, I am OK with waiting. Partly, so it is as polished as it can be but also because I may have a PS4 by then and that version will probably perform better than my PC. Or I'll have a better PC. :P

• Like 2