What are you currently playing?

Cyber Rat

On 1/21/2024 at 3:26 AM, Mister Jack said:

Some people out there are ripping on this game because they say they blatantly copied several Pokemon designs, and some of them do look really similar, but I kinda...don't care about that? Yeah, I don't care if they ripped off the biggest media franchise on the planet. Getting up in a tizzy about it stinks of some real "leave the multi billion dollar company alone" vibes to me.

So I totally think they've ripped off a lot of Pokemon stuff, and as an IP lawyer, I think that is NotCool™, but I also think that is a fight for Ninty/The Pokemon Company to have (or not) at their discretion. If they think it's problematic, they are quite capable of putting on their big-boy-pants and taking on the devs themselves.

Nothing weirder than people defending corps against other corps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've being playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker on Steamdeck. Runs pretty well, though loading can be slow. Some mechanics are quite obtuse - it's very heavy on Pathfinder mechanics. Had to have a wiki open for the first few hours (especially as the early main quest has some weird triggers from some of the sidequests you also get so it wasn't super clear how to advance). The kingdom stuff is relatively barebones - mostly making decisions and such. Budling up your kingdom is picking stuff off a list. Though I am early days with it and I think from what I can see there's options to expand into neighbouring land.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Borderlands 3, feels weird to go from Handsome Jack to what looks to be a pair of glorified streamers (or whatever the Borderlands equivalent of a streamer is lol), there's also a bunch of characters I don't recognize but they're apparently supposed to be pretty important, and from what I've seen, they're from Tales from the Borderlands, so I guess that's now required reading playing? :P

New Claptrap is also very annoying, more than usual, during a mission:

"Hey! You're there, climb the tower to get the thing!"

"Did you know you can climb the tower? Try it!"

"Have you tried climbing that tower? Bet it'd be fun!"

"Guess we need a tutorial, press this button and then this button and you'll be able to climb!"

All in a really short amount of time, can't even look around or fight enemies without repeatedly being told what to do. Even Navi wasn't this annoying lol. :P

It looks and plays way better than the previous two though, so that's neat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finally playing Yakuza Like a Dragon and this game is so fucking fun. Just silly goofy goodness. I knew it was RPG based (specifically Dragon Quest) but wasn't aware it did a bit of Pokemon too. I do occasionally have to check on conversion rates now and then to grasp the impact of like what is being offered. "I'm not risking my life for 5,000 yen" has more impact when I know that's about £30. (heck it'd be understandable sentiment for £5,000).

I'm fairly confident I'm still very much in the tutorial stage (especially as no kareoke so far). Nut yeah it's being fun.

• Rock On 1