Games You've Bought

deanb

Oh, almost forgot. Earlier I fired up the PS3 to start Shadows of the Damned and realized I hadn't checked the PSN Store this week. So I had a look in case there was some free PS+ games or something.

Turns out there's a sale on some FF stuff. Ended up buying these two:

FinalFantasyTactics-TheWarofTheLion.jpgDissidia20Box20Art_Cosmos-1.jpg

About 15$ total for both. Not a bad deal overall. Now I just need to actually start playing with my PSP again...

Also a larger memory stick couldn't hurt. Dissidia is going to hurt my meager 4GBs one :/

Edited by FLD

lol, actually, that one really did feel entirely like additional content. You don't even play as Desmond in it, you play as Subject 16.

*Edit* - And it's not integrated into the regular singleplayer at all, you access it from the main menu.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

journey-game-screenshot-1.jpg

Journey turned out to be as awesome as everyone on the innernet has said it was. Everyone with a PS3 has to get it. Dont just play it at a friend's house or gameshare it, BUY IT. This is the kind of shit we have to support and let publishers know we like.

silent-hill-hd-collection-box-art.jpg

I feel I should explain myself about this one. Yeah, I heard all the shit about it. But Ive been waiting since last year for this. I had a wishlist since last year - ME3, SfxT and SH HD. These are the games ive been wanting. I went to GS yesterday and there was honestly nothing else I wanted. I absolutely needed something new to play too.

Another thing is that I had never really played these games. I downloaded them both on pc, but SH2 was buggy as hell and SH3 didnt run perfectly on my pc. It was slow. I only got to the apartments in SH2 and I never made it past 15 minutes in SH3.

So I dont have any preconceptions about how it should look. I wouldnt notice whats wrong with it.

I have to say, its not as bad as Ive been hearing. Im also not saying people are making shit up, but personally ive been playing SH2 for a while. Ive gotten to the hospital and aside from the awful lipsyncing(its as bad as they say, its so bad), my game hasnt had any slowdown or lag or bugs or glitches. I plays like it always did, which is bad. I hate tank controls. I really do. Theyre terrible.

As for the fog thing, there is a lot of fog missing in the first scene when James comes out of the restroom. You can make out all the trees and its stupid. But after that, the fog is thick as a black dick. Once inside the woods or the town, the fog is just as it was.

Ill keep playing it and reporting on it. See what else pops up. Im also assuming that its playing well for me because I just got my PS3 last year. Maybe theres something to do with it.

In the past few weeks I've bought digital copies of Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Dissidia 012, and Final Fantasy IV Complete, all for my Vita. I had UMD copies of these games, but I got them on sale so it's nice being able to play them on the Vita. FFIV still looks really good on the OLED screen.

I also got Tales of Graces F last night. My first ever Tales game. I'm not a big anime fan, and the voice acting and script are fucking terrible BUT the gameplay's fun, and I like the cellshaded art style. This is the type of game I'll play over the course of a year or so. Hopefully these fucking kids grow up soon.

shin_megami_tensei_persona_frontcov.jpg

50% off on PSN, so 20$. I kind of would've preferred a physical copy, but whenever I had the cash for it and shopped around they seemed kind of overpriced and I could never find conclusive evidence on whether or not they still include the soundtrack cd. Besides, I kind of warmed up to buying PSP games digitally lately. At least they'll work on that Vita I plan on buying when I won't be so broke.

Anyway, I've wanted to play it for a while now so I'm glad to finally have it. I'm now in desperate need of a new memory stick, though. I had to delete a couple of PSOne classics to make room for it :/ 4GBs quickly becomes insufficient when you start buying digitally...

Edited by FLD

Playing Shadows of the Damned made me want to play more Suda 51 games, which I'd been meaning to do for a while, so I just grabbed this on Amazon marketplace.

81FZbcdp-dL.jpg

Been a while since I've had a good reason to take out the Move. Should be fun. :)

I also dug up my old PS2 copy of Killer7. Bought it years ago and never got around to playing it. Think I'll try to beat SotD over the week-end and get started on K7 while I wait for NMH to arrive.

So, apparently I (drunkenly) bought this off PSN last night.

god_hand.jpg

I say apparently because I had no recollection of doing so until I woke up and logged into my email account just now.

"Wait, why do I have new PSN notification emails?" *click* "Oh, right. I did that..."

I was planning on getting it anyway, so there's no harm done. But I should probably be more careful about sharing my password and cc info with Drunk FLD... :unsure2:

Batman-Arkham-City-Box-Art-31.jpg

Sonic-Generations-ps3-as__48766_zoom.jpg

5616726744_f05fc3720d.jpg

Arkham City finally went down in price at GS, I had credit there, and I also had a B2G1 coupon. Eh.

Also, i was still pretty hesitant to get Sonic Generations. I have a heavy dislike of 3D Sonic gameplay. Im not sure why, but I really dont like it.I hope its gotten better since Sonic Adventure.

Edited by Strangelove

Grabbed a few more things.

header-3.jpg

Played it at release but it was a pirated copy and I still felt like I should own a legitimate one. Was 5$ on Steam. Probably should've payed a bit more for it...

71VfAXpBeBL.jpg

Was like 9 bucks on Greenman Gaming yesterday. Was very tempted but decided I didn't want an Origin-only digital copy, so instead I paid 15$ more to get a physical copy from Amazon. :unsure:

At least now it'll go on the shelf next to my physical copies of Crysis and Warhead. ^_^

I want SSX when I get my loan in, is it good?

Dunno yet, it hasn't arrived. From the little I saw on a friend's Xbox, it looks fantastic, though. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it and seeing how it controls.

I believe Duke and Johnny and maybe someone else here have it, so they could probably tell you better than I.

Was like 9 bucks on Greenman Gaming yesterday. Was very tempted but decided I didn't want an Origin-only digital copy, so instead I paid 15$ more to get a physical copy from Amazon. :unsure:

At least now it'll go on the shelf next to my physical copies of Crysis and Warhead. ^_^

You know you've got a great service going when people will pay 150% extra in order to avoid using your service.

Also with everyone getting Bulletstorm I guess I'll have to set up a match at some point in the future. (Though it's only 4 at a time so maybe a few matches)

As for the Vita, I've not gotten the Vita and the only response I had about it was :

DukeOfPwn [PXOD]: Neat

So obviously you guys are rather apathetic on where the donations go :P

You know you've got a great service going when people will pay 150% extra in order to avoid using your service.

Lol. Well, to be fair, I don't outright hate Origin. I registered some of my steam and physical copies of EA games to it and actually bought DAII directly from it (admittedly, a game I was only mildly interested in) and the app itself seems fine. But I don't trust EA anywhere near enough to start actively building a games library with them.