Games You've Bought

deanb

Well first I'll point out there's a demo http://www.gamefront.com/files/9861753/Sins-of-a-Solar-Empire-Demo/ (and I find playing a game yourself is the ultimate in "what's it like")

There's 3 races of various philosophies and tech upgrades (Though largely similar as best I can tell). You start with a home planet (which you can apply some upgrades to) and your building units. You can build buildings of either "Logistical" and "Tactical" types with a limited amount of slots per planet. (though you build them in space not on the planet..per orbit I guess?). Logistical buildings would be stuff like ship factories, culture generators, mining outposts. And tactical would be floating turrets and shield platforms. Your planet will ahve one or more paths going from it, you reach out and explore your segment of space. Most maps are a single solar system but some have a few on the bigger maps. You colonise planets, fight each other, fight pirates etc and fuck each others shit up. You can build (limited) capital ships too which act as sort of hero units. Each race has about 6 to pick from with varying bonuses like high attack, good support, all rounder, drone attacker etc. They also gain experience and level up so you can build up their abilities n such. The expansions add stuff like the ability to put pirate(barbarians) bounties on enemies heads, build star bases (fucking OP imo) and so on. The games much like Civ can last quite some time too.

• Like 1

But now that means I have to decide whether I stick to PS3 for ACIII or switch to PC. I already received my steelbook case, though. Wonder if ebgames.ca will let me cancel the pre-order anyway lol

When you pre-ordered AC3 from ebgames.ca did they mail you the case? Did you have to pay shipping?

Also let me know when you start selling some of your PS3 collection. I could buy them for more than EB Games but still pay less than they'd charge me, profit for both of us!! Depending on what you have available.. of course.

When you pre-ordered AC3 from ebgames.ca did they mail you the case? Did you have to pay shipping?

Also let me know when you start selling some of your PS3 collection. I could buy them for more than EB Games but still pay less than they'd charge me, profit for both of us!! Depending on what you have available.. of course.

Yeah, they mailed it, no shipping charge.

As for the games I'm thinking of selling, here's the list I have so far:

Resistance 1-2

Dante's Inferno

Prince of Persia (the cell-shaded 2008 one)

Batman Arkham Asylum (original release, not GOTY)

Killzone 2

Bayonetta

Enslaved

Shadows of the Damned

Lego Rock Band

Assassin's Creed 1,2, Brotherhood, Revelations

There's a few more I'm still on the fence about because I purchased DLC for them.

header-5.jpg

header-6.jpg

I already bought Thief Gold when it came out on GoG a few months back but now it's on Steam. And Steam is where I must own all my games.

...sigh

Seriously, though, I fucking love those games and have no problem buying them repeatedly. I pirated them back in the days, anyway, and I'm more than happy to make up for it now. :)

Edited by FLD

Seriously, though, I fucking love those games and have no problem buying them repeatedly. I pirated them back in the days, anyway, and I'm more than happy to make up for it now. :)

Yeah, in the last few years I've bought numerous games that I pirated way back when. Often times I end up never even playing the newly purchased copy, but I still don't regret the purchases.

header_292x136-26.jpg

Technically not a purchase, though. Some guy on reddit traded me his pre-order in exchange for my extra CS:GO beta along with my bonus copies of Max Payne 1 and 2 I got from pre-ordering Max Payne 3. Also, once I redeemed it, I got a bonus copy of the original which I intend to try and trade for something else. I fucking love the trading system :)

Forgot to post, but I grabbed the Bundle in a Box Adventure thing a few days ago. Got it mostly for Gemini Rue. It had popped on my radar a few days before the bundle went live and while I don't hate the genre by any stretch, point-and-clicks rarely intrigue me this much, so I went for it. Started playing yesterday and so far I like it.

Also, I grabbed the last few DLC maps I was missing for Civ V.

HA, wrong thread, ignore me.

Well, actually, on a related note, bought Battlefield 3 on my newly upgraded PC. Runs great. Love my PC guy, did one hell of a job.

I'll recommend this to everyone who buys BF3, but join the Press X Or Die platoon and play with the rest of us. MasterDex and I are the only ones who play regularly, but Kovach used to play a lot and I know some other people own the game as well.

psvita_1.jpg

umvc3_vita_fob.jpg

I also got a 16 gb memory card. I bought UMvC3 from PSN though. This is the first time ive ever spent $40 on a digital game. I usually buy small stuff or dlc, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. I like always having a fighting game onhand. Fighting games are just one of those things you wanna play every once in a while inbetween longer games, so its good that I don't have to swap cartridges. It was also about 1.4 gb, which was nice. And even better - all the dlc from the PS3 version transfers over to the Vita version, so I have the 2 dlc characters and the 2 costume packs I bought on here.

Overall, Im really happy with the purchases Ive made. I didnt really even pay for everything. I got a $20 PSN card from using a giftcard, I got another $20 in PSN credit from some contest on Facebook, I used a $25 Gamestop giftcard I got from filling out surveys online, I sold a few games I wasnt ever going to play again, many of them from Target bargain bins or Newegg sales, and I didnt get charged tax on the Vita or the game, just the memory card. I didnt have to use my debit card once, which is nice.

So whatever happens later, Im ok with it.

Also - the dpad on this thing is amazing. Its weird that I havent heard anything about it. Its great. It might be second behind the Saturn dpad. Its that good.