Games You've Bought

deanb

I hear it's really bad, but as a fan of the first one I figure I should try it. The price in the Amazon Summer Sale sweetened the deal a bit.

I've not heard many (if any) people describe it as "bad" let alone "really bad". The metacritic is in the mid seventies on PS3 and Xbox. Not sure if a bad port is the reason for a high sixty score on PC. But nothing there suggests a "really bad" game. Most criticism comes from it being Not Syndicate Enough.

Personally, I think it is challenging (for a modern FPS) has a an interesting tweak in the form of breaching. The style is reminiscent of Blade Runner / Deus Ex. It's a pretty enough game. Story is a bit all over the place but overall it's an enjoyable experience.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it given that you went in with fairly low expectations.

I picked up Unit 13 at the weekend. Finding it quite enjoyable. It's definitely made for portables. All the missions are fairly bite sized and there is no narrative. But the controls and what not are all tight. I'm liking it.

productproductId110000090type3locen.jpg

Digital copy from Blizzard's store. I originally wanted a boxed copy but at the last minute I realized I would very likely get charged insane brokerage fees by whichever carrier they used to ship internationally (I hate UPS so goddamned much). Which sucks since lately I've been kind of itching to get back into WoW and both Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm are on sale for 10 bucks each on there. But I don't want to get those digitally so I'll just have to shop around, I guess. :/

81l6wc-Z4vL._AA1500_.jpg

Ordered Final Fantasy Theatrhythm on Shopto.co.uk. Loved the demo and the positive reviews coming out have cemented my decision to buy it.

Within 6 minutes my order had been processed along with a picture of the package. Holy shiz, impressive.

ALSO BOUGHT ON XBLA!!! SPELUNKY!!!

spelunky-boxart.jpg

Edited by excel_excel
  • Like 3

You buy those cards? Do you get them for cheaper than face value like you can with XBL point cards and subscriptions? I've always just used my debit card.

No, they cost exactly what it says on the front. They hardly if ever go on sale. I think there was a 10% off at ToysRUs a few months back, but thats about it. I normally use my card too, but I had GS credit.

KZ3 is fun with the Sharpshooter if you own it (or if you borrowed it, legal ownership of the Sharpshooter is not part of the fun). Very much looking forward to Darksiders 2 and AC:L, however, I'll be getting AC:L via download. Still struggling to get into AC:R so AC3 is a wait and see title for me.

From what I've read AC:B and AC:R were developed by a side team, and AC3 has been in development by the main team since AC2 released, so I don't think it will suffer the same problems as AC:R.

I do own a Sharpshooter, and am quite looking forward to using it.