Games You've Bought

deanb

wIIEkp7.png

Pretty sure it cost me £25 since I only got an email asking me not to use my voucher code - they don't seem to have actually invalidated it. Fingers crossed!

If it goes through I have another code they sent me and asked me not to use. :) I've already spent the £20 physical voucher they sent me so I'm making out like a bandit just for them cancelling an order I made.

Still, even without the code it's £30 and the game's £45 in most places, so it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't go through.

I ordered a CD from Sainsbury's Entertainment (they're the online media site of a big supermarket chain in the UK) on 5 Dec. They sent me a few emails saying the order was delayed and with a couple of them they sent codes for £5 to apologise for the inconvenience in case it was a Christmas present.

They ended up cancelling the order on the 20th and said they were posting me out a £20 gift card to use in store to replace the codes they'd emailed. Obviously they never charged me for the CD they cancelled, so if the codes work out I've made £30 from nothing, at the very minimum I've got the £20 I've already spent.

Oh, and just to be clear it's the game, not the pad I just ordered. :)

Let me know how it is. Duke's been talking about it on Steam, so I'm slightly curious.

I've only been able to play something like two hours but so far I'm really loving it. It's kinda hard to describe without getting too specific and I think it's best to go in blind on this one. It's very weird and unique but in a way that's consistent. It forces you to think in ways games rarely do but it never breaks its own logic, so it doesn't feel forced or weird just for the sake of being a mindfuck and the things you learn about the game's logic usually come back into play later.

It doesn't do a lot of handholding, either. There are vague hints all over the place but early on you can reach an area and not realize you can't progress because you can't yet understand what's blocking your way and why. The game is also semi-free roam. The actual level design is fairly linear but there are multiple paths you can explore. Kinda feels like a metroidvania game now that I think about it. Backtracking isn't an issue, though, because there's a main room you can go back to anytime and from which you can return to any area you've already discovered. That can lead to a lot of aimless wandering if you get stuck and can't figure out where you should go next, though. So if you have little patience for puzzle games, keep that in mind.