Games You've Bought

deanb

large.jpg

Im a sucker for an Atlus published good sidescroller...

with sexy ladies involved.

0001338830508_500X500.jpg

Fuck the HD ports. 20 bucks for the 3DS version.

27469-a-1.jpg

I also got a 16gb sd card, though I doubt I'll ever use it up. Im not buying anything digitally from Nintendo til I actually have an account that is easily transferable. I want that shit online on a server somewhere, not stuck to my system. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

Edited by Strangelove

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_US_Boxart.png

Traded in my (unbeknownst to them...) defunct 360 for this and saved the rest in credit. I was never one for turn-based strategies games, the genre is very unfamiliar to me. But I am loving every minute of this. There's no reason a 3DS owner shouldn't own this. It's pretty fantastic. Unless you're broke, that's a forgivable excuse.

MZTiigN.jpg

Ever since getting burned on Assassin's Creed III, I've kinda lost faith in my rig's ability to handle any new game so there was no way in hell I was paying 60$ without being sure. So I torrented it last night and tried it just now. I didn't even make it up to Columbia. As soon as I saw the framerate was high, I closed it and uninstalled because I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from playing all night.

I wasn't going to be able to buy it until next week but I said screw it and borrowed 60 bucks. Sucks that I missed out on the pre-order deals but I already owned all the bonus games anyway so it's not a big deal. What's pretty cool is GMG were still offering 15$ in store credit. They also had it for 25% off without the credit but since it's pretty much the same thing I figured I'd take the credit, combine it with a voucher and grab Tomb Raider next week. 

Ever since getting burned on Assassin's Creed III, I've kinda lost faith in my rig's ability to handle any new game so there was no way in hell I was paying 60$ without being sure. 

What are your rig's stats? I only ask because I plan on getting AC3 on my PC and I fear that my GPU may not be up to snuff (GTX 550 Ti). Everything else I have is pretty top notch.

I ran AC3 just fine (~45 fps in crowded cities, 60+ otherwise) on my GTX 470, if that helps anyone.

*Edit* - That was on pretty much highest graphics, though I think only like 2x AA.

Edited by TheMightyEthan

What are your rig's stats? I only ask because I plan on getting AC3 on my PC and I fear that my GPU may not be up to snuff (GTX 550 Ti). Everything else I have is pretty top notch.

Well, to be fair, I'm running hardware that's almost 4 years old now.

CPU: Intel Q9650

GPU: GeForce GTX 295

6GB DDR2 RAM

The problem is, I'm well above the minimum specs and only fall short of the recommended ones in VRAM, and not by much. My PC is still more powerful than current consoles, so there's no excuse for such shitty performance.

That being said, your card is more recent, so you shouldn't have any problems. But I have heard reports of people suffering from performance issues on high-end hardware too, so who knows. The engine is an unoptimized piece of crap, basically.

I should note Infinite is running quite well on my 9600GT. Sure it's not on high, but it runs better than I expected.

Yeah, I've been hearing the game scales wonderfully. Good on IG for making a great port.

Edited by FLD

Thats good to know. My Gpu is my weak link, so I'm a little timid when I move on to newer games (especially when I upgrade my TV to a 1080p TV).

Once I make my way through Revelations, I'll pick up III, but man I feel like trying to run through mud when playing revelations. Such a shame because old Ezio really intrigues me.

kAFoFws.jpg

Was bored between classes and with nothing to do earlier this week, so I started playing this again and remembered just how much goddamned fun it is. It's 50% off for the Steam Indie Spring sale and this was the cheapest way to grab all the other teams,

xNEIYnD.jpg

Currently 25% off on GMG + my 15$ credit from buying Infinite = 22,49$. And it's been out less than a month. I fucking love PC gaming.

I grabbed a pair of those Gunnar gaming glasses a few weeks ago cause my eyes were bothering me. I was kind of worried that they'd be a scam, given that they make some pretty outlandish claims on their website, but they're actually really great. Eye strain is gone and as a bonus I've noticed my sleeping habits have actually improved since I've started wearing them. Plus they make me look cool. Recommend.

If you're going to be staring at a screen for a long while tinted glasses are the shiz for helping with eye strain that can result. Though I've a feeling in long run it's a bad idea since you might end up playing for longer than should be, but if you'd be playing for a long time regardless then may as well mitigate any issues.

Beyond just gaming though; if there's actually a point where you can look at a screen 'too much' there's probably a lot of people who reach that threshold these days. I mean, some people do that 8 hours a day at work and then come home and play video games. If you're one of those people I might suggest that these glasses are more or less essential. I'm really hoping Google Glass introduces a pair with this sort of lens.

Two Best Buy reward certificates:

1. April 1st only $10 reward certificate.

2. I bought something cheap during the 500 points promotion that was weeks ago, and the points finally transacted, so another $10.

It was either get something for $20 off today, or get something for $10 off later.

BioShock-Infinite-Premium-Edition-PC-X36

$59.96 off Amazon.com. PS3 version.

"Like new" copy so I hope everything comes with it. I assume it will since its from Amazon's warehouse and it probably has some damage to the box or something lame like that, so they cant sell it as "new" anymore.

BTW, The Songbird Edition is cool, but while I do like looking at action figure/statues, Im not into displaying them. It's just not my thing, so Songbird would have ended up in my closet somewhere. Not worth it for me.

Edited by Strangelove