Games You've Bought

deanb

As someone playing Bioshock 1 for the first time right now, I can say it has aged well.  The shooting was terribad originally, before I messed with settings.  It was always terribad on console (no separate x and y look sensitivities, and y was not nearly sensitive enough, not even close), and the only way to make it okay on PC was to go edit ini files to disable the look acceleration.  Even editing the ini files was less straightforward than it should have been.

I bought two games in the Nintendo ideame sale:

Nano Assault Neo

and Trine 2: Director's Cut

I was going to get The Cave but was put in by status update, though TME reminded me I could get it on my free 1 month trial of PSN Plus so I will still try that.

Yup, apparently it went to anyone who bought Serious Sam 3 (I got two, presumably because I bought the DLC too).

Thanks for pointing that out. I own Serious Sam 3 but Steam never notified me that I got the coupon. Got 3 of them, for some reason.

Edited by FLD

Strangelove, I hope you picked up the Dark Arisen version, because original copies aren't going to see that content, like, probably ever.

It still has a New Game+ feature, but it's a poorly implemented one where the enemies don't scale up to provide the same challenge again.

Still love the game though, even with some of its flaws. I have the guide, and I must have gone through it dozens of times as a reference guide. In fact, I might go back to alter my Pawn to it's proper profession.

Strangelove: if I can give you a recommendation, if you plan to play as a ranger (aka daggers and bow), switch class to assassin asap. That class is OP.

Also that game is fun as fuck. The story is shitty but the companion management system is fun, climbing on monsters is fun, and everything is just fluid. I quit once you reach the 'post-ending' stuff where all the enemies are OP but since I wasn't an assassin and stayed a ranger everything kicked my ass.

Honestly, it's like you owe it to yourself to become a Hybrid class because Pawns can not; only you. I originally made my Pawn a Warrior (advanced Fighter), but part of the customization comes from mixing class attributes that can be carried over. I was working on her Ranger class when I last left, so I'm sure she has received some mixed ratings given that she's high level, but with mediocre gear.

Any of the Hybrid classes are good, as I remember it. I stayed Assassin because while the Magick Archer is good, his equipment and weapons can be limited and seems to stem from a "Oh, you were probably a Mage first, so here's some nice Striker stuff."

Magick Archer is pretty great for any quest that involves 'kill X number of wildlife' though!  I used it primarily through my first playthrough while going Assassin the second time around.  Third time it'll probably be Mystic Knight just to complete the cycle.

Man, now I'm all excited for Dark Arisen again.

Combat was definitely the selling point, seconded by the pawn system. They also had a somewhat Monster Hunter-like armor building portion for certain creature armor.

Armor/clothing and weapons could be upgraded three times, though if you had enough material, you could skip to a higher upgrade. Materals for upgrades were either animal parts, metals, or fabrics. Now, certain other items could be upgraded, but for the best upgrade, it usually meant that you had to sacrifice another item.