What are you listening to now?

Chronixal

I stopped being surprised that bullet hell games have great music when I realized that they have a lot of time to work on it.

duuuude... I have over 1600 songs in my library that technically started in bullet hell games. It's like an infection, haha...

But just to throw a curveball, I'm gonna post something that's not from Touhou Project this time since I'm always doing those.

I stopped being surprised that bullet hell games have great music when I realized that they have a lot of time to work on it.

duuuude... I have over 1600 songs in my library that technically started in bullet hell games. It's like an infection, haha...

But just to throw a curveball, I'm gonna post something that's not from Touhou Project this time since I'm always doing those.

I basically try to keep myself as far removed from Touhou anything as I possibly can (music included lest my curiosity get the better of me about the rest of it again). I find the fandom to be beyond creepy and the characters to be...well, pandering and terrible for the most part.

That said, I do enjoy shoot'em up music and figure it's as good as it is because they don't have to worry about spending outrageous dollars on marketing, voice acting and the whole shebang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rJUgJw7FOM

I basically try to keep myself as far removed from Touhou anything as I possibly can (music included lest my curiosity get the better of me about the rest of it again). I find the fandom to be beyond creepy and the characters to be...well, pandering and terrible for the most part.

Like anime, it definitely has some crazy fans. I'm not fond of the ones who constantly spam memes or fawn over characters, but it's such a big movement I find I can really pick and choose the ones to pay attention to (to be fair, a lot of it has become memeception. It's impossible to explain a lot of them without getting WAY in depth.) I mostly dig

As for pandering... that's puzzling in the extreme. You must really hate most anime and games then? They mostly dodge overused stereotypes that seem so prevalent in manga and games now. One thing I found really refreshing about the characters was the now unheard-of levels of modesty and lack of pandering, so maybe you're confusing fan works with the real thing? Or is it just that they're girls? The official stuff is about on par with

Anyway, I have the feeling not much will come of this, so... here's an ancient relic I found on my hard disk last night... didn't know I still had the MP3!

• Like 1

Like anime, it definitely has some crazy fans. I'm not fond of the ones who constantly spam memes or fawn over characters, but it's such a big movement I find I can really pick and choose the ones to pay attention to (to be fair, a lot of it has become memeception. It's impossible to explain a lot of them without getting WAY in depth.) I mostly dig

As for pandering... that's puzzling in the extreme. You must really hate most anime and games then?

Kinda sorta. I'm really put off by a lot of the tropes in part nowadays, mostly the ones like the shonen protagonist who will Protect All His Friends™ with the Power of Friendship™, twice as much when they become his Nakama™ or the annoying female character whose tsundere behavior goes from being a quirk to all she is capable of doing (Kaze no Stigma was especially bad about it).

As for the pandering, I'm pretty put off by Touhou's cast of...well, a bunch of little girls (who are really Thousands of Years Old™), I guess? It probably came from my burning hatred of moé that developed over the last couple of years.

They mostly dodge overused stereotypes that seem so prevalent in manga and games now. One thing I found really refreshing about the characters was the now unheard-of levels of modesty and lack of pandering, so maybe you're confusing fan works with the real thing? Or is it just that they're girls? The official stuff is about on par with

It's entirely possible that I am confusing the fan works with the real thing. Though I do have a pretty strong distaste for fandoms too, so i dunno lol ¯\(°_o)/¯

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0hlIUzO1NU

Edited by Alex Heat