What are you listening to now?

Chronixal

@Thursday: Deadmau5 churns out a whole load of tracks in very varying quality, and I never listen to any of his stuff as complete albums. I would recommend:

Get Scraped (2006) - Waking Up From The American Dream, Try Again, Bored of Canada

It Sounds Like (2009) - Ghosts N Stuff, I Remember, Jaded

For Lack of a Better Name (2009) - Ghosts n Stuff (ft. Rob Swire), Strobe

4x4=12 (2010) - Some Chords

And also HR 8938 Cephei and The Veldt, single tracks.

@Spork: hater :D

Yeah, I prefer getting whole albums, sometimes you come across something that you like that noone else would consider for a single release. Felt like buying a couple of CD's today and (I know this is a weird way to choose music) I've been following Deamau5 on twitter recently and the guy talks a lot of sense. So yeah, picked up Random Album Title and For Lack of a Better Name for a tenner.

You are right about I Remember. Highlight of the album thus far, only just got to it as I keep getting distracted with "work".

well, I'm listening the this:

because I accidentally bought it on my tablet from Amazon with their stupid one-click purchasing which, annoyingly you can't turn off for digital products. In fairness to amazon they responded to my email within 10 minutes, at 7pm on a Saturday to give me a refund, so that was quite impressive.

What I was actually looking for, though was:

• Like 1

Bloc Party's new album isn't very good, so I'm posting this instead.

Oh, really? I completely ignored the last album but the tracks I'd heard from the new one sounded alright.

The single is definitely the best track on the album. I'd say it's worth listening to because it's so different than what they have been doing, but honestly, I see it as kind of like Silent Alarm without the good tracks. Still not terrible, but not great.

The four tracks (from Four LOL!) I'd heard were played live, so maybe that made them a bit more raw and interesting, but they sort of seemed like AWITC-era. Sort of Hunting For Witches-like in tone, except for a slower one.

Still, loved Silent Alarm and the stuff before that. Wish they'd recapture that magic.