Playstation VR

CorgiShinobi

Modders will force it to work with a PC like they did with the Kinect. At that price point, it's too tempting to not to try. Honestly, with the PS4 specs and what this headset can do... I'm curious on how they pulled it off and at that price point. Are they eating a huge chunk of the price like they did with the PS3?

It's £350 in the UK but needs a PlayStation 4 camera for an extra £40/£50. Still not a bad price though. Wonder if using the single controller will hamper the experience over having one for each hand. Really can't decide if I'm excited about vr or not. Suppose I'll have to see what sort of games are available or if they're just a load of 'experiences'.

PSVR will be $400 USD (how much in CAD you ask? WHO FUCKING KNOWS) and out in October.

$549 CAD, which is a little bit of a markup, straight exchange rate would be $535 CAD.

*Edit - fuck, from the blog post it looks like it doesn't even come with one controller.

I still have my PS Move controller, so I would just need the PS Camera. They're cheaper on Amazon, but even so it's an additional cost. Makes sense they would be separate as there must be quite a few adopters since late 2013.

And I'm not very confident that modders could get this PS VR to work smoothly on a PC. I only say that because there's a few proprietary components. I mean, maybe, but not enough to thrown down the money just yet.

Okay what the shit is going on? First, when I click to quote Ethan the quoting markup shows up twice in the reply box. Then when I remove the extra one and post my reply, my reply shows up INSIDE the quote box?

Anyway, yeah, I totally missed your post about the price.

Edited by FLD
  • Like 1

Meh, even for 400$ I would't go for it. After the Move and the Vita, I don't trust Sony with niche peripherals/hardware anymore, especially not when they're this expensive. It's not going to sell and they're going to drop first-party support before you know it.

Edited by FLD
  • Like 3

Sony has confirmed there will be a bundle that includes the camera and a Move, at least in North America.  No price though.  Right now I could buy the camera on Amazon for $45, and the Move for $25, so I'm hoping the bundle will be $450.

http://www.techinsider.io/there-will-be-a-playstation-vr-bundle-with-a-playstation-camera-2016-3

Sony announces the Launch Bundle in North America.  $500 US gets you the PSVR, camera, two moves, and Playstation VR Worlds.

I'm seriously tempted.  I'll probably try to grab a preorder when they go up next Tuesday, with the thought that I can always cancel it.

Re: Launch Bundle, Is that bundle a good deal? Seems like you could get an eye and 2 move controllers for less than $99 on Amazon (why the hell is the PS eye selling for 4.99???).

And I would have thought a move controller costs more than the Dualshock 4. But I guess it makes sense due to it's limited use, but still, the tech inside I had assumed should have dragged the cost up.

You could get an Eye and two moves for less than $100, but the PS4 doesn't use an Eye, it uses a PS Camera (that's the same mistake I made that dean corrected). The PS Camera costs a lot more. $100 is probably about what the camera and two moves would cost, so it becomes a deal when considering the game that's included too.