Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

I just bought the four 3DS streetpass games. They're reduced by a third at the moment (£8.99). I've wanted them for a while but the normal price of £13.49 for them is mental. Nearly crumbled at bought them full price a few months ago too so glad I resisted. £8.99 still seems like a lot but trying to think of them as £2.25 each which doesn't seem so bad and I've had plenty of use out of the two free ones so...

P5DyRRu.jpg8sYY8EZ.jpg

Feels kinda wrong to buy a full price, non-discounted game during the summer sale but all the praise I keep hearing about Shovel Knight got me really curious so I said fuck it and went for it.

Besides, there's so little that I want this time around that I was actually starting to consider dropping 30 bucks on Wolfenstein... This feels a bit more reasonable.

YoF1qHP.jpg

5t6pllk.jpg

And with that, I believe I should be done. I've wanted the rest of the Bit.Trip games for a while now but I also really wanted to get the soundtracks along with them. I had just been waiting for a good deal on the pack because the regular price is like 50 bucks, which seemed kind of fucking insane. 20$ was a bit more reasonable and I was able to knock an extra 11 bucks off the price by saving up all my card money during the sale.

The Ironclad Tactics upgrade was a surprisingly good value. It's half bonus stuff (soundtrack and the likes) and half season pass, so it also includes both DLC campaigns. Also a gift copy of SpaceChem and its DLC, the latter of which I don't think I owned. It's been on my backlog since our last Secret Santa so now I'll probably get around to playing it soon.

photo-full.jpg

Yeah I kinda fucked up. Despite my various issues with Uber Entertainment, I ended up grabbing Planetary Annihilation. Seems like it'll pass through Early Access easy enough, there's a strong Sup Com-like vibe to it, and a fairly convincing friend.

baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-announced.

I also grabbed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Not really played them, I know DA:O is a spiritual successor so I figure I'll probably enjoy them a fair chunk.

dragonfallLogoSplash.png

I also grabbed the Shadowrun: Dragonfall DLC. Somewhat begrudingly too. By all accounts it fixes a fair few issues with Shadowrun so good in that regard, kinda bad they put those fixes solely in the DLC and not as a general patch of the main game.

TombRaider_hero_Survivor.jpg

Oh I apparently also bought Tomb Raider...3 days ago. Huh, maybe I did that at work. Actually yeah it's 10AM, must have done it through my phone.

All in all bought 13 games in the sale, 6 for myself, 7 for gifts, and 3 gifted to myself. Should keep my happy for a while.

I also grabbed the Shadowrun: Dragonfall DLC. Somewhat begrudingly too. By all accounts it fixes a fair few issues with Shadowrun so good in that regard, kinda bad they put those fixes solely in the DLC and not as a general patch of the main game.

What issues? I haven't played the game yet but the only big one that I'm aware of was the save system. Wasn't that patched into the original without needing the DLC? What other issues are there?

What issues? I haven't played the game yet but the only big one that I'm aware of was the save system. Wasn't that patched into the original without needing the DLC? What other issues are there?

My understanding was primarily the Save system. I'm pretty sure it never got patched into the main game. Which actually now I check, yeah was patched into the original game.

iFK8dbi.jpg

f8u4W2I.jpg

oYsk27O.jpg

Man, I'm really glad I didn't pick them up during the summer sale. They were twice as expensive! I guess maybe they had further discounts planned but were never picked for a daily or vote?

Anyway, Origin is the only one I really needed since it's PC exclusive for some reason and I already own the others on PSP/Vita. But what the hell, I want XSEED to bring more games to Steam so I don't mind throwing some money at them. Also, the next time I feel like replaying Felghana it'll be nice to be able to do it on a bigger screen and at a higher resolution. Even the Vita's OLED can't work miracles, the PSP version kinda looked like ass.

Most of Nihon Falcom's games are developed for or ported to PC. They're pretty popular in China, apparently. Those versions just rarely get localized. I love that XSEED has been changing that.

As for the plats, I think I was stuck at 16 for a while? I only did Hotline Miami a few weeks ago and Metal Gear Solid 3 on Vita this week. The PS3 version has a separate list so I used that transfarring thing to transfer my save and it automatically unlocked most of the big ones. I just had to do another quick speed run to get the platinum a second time. :D

5b7E784.jpg

$30 "like new" on Amazon.  From what I've heard about this game I'll probably like it, but it's not quite good enough to justify full price.  Got the Xbone version because apparently it has a more stable performance (it's locked to 30 fps, while PS4 is unlocked; I hate it when framerates fluctuate a lot).

1036919559-00.jpg

cover-dino-crisis.jpg

Dino_Crisis_2.jpg

ps1_legend_of_dragoon-bl.jpg

Wild%20Arms%20%5BU%5D%20%5BSCUS-94608%5D

VU_Store_Image.jpg

US PSN has a $.99 flash sale, some decent stuff. No PS4 stuff though, obviously.

Be warned - Legend of Dragoon cant be played on Vita unless you download it on PS3 and transfer it over to Vita first. It's the only way.

Edit: the hell with it, i bought Wild Arms.

Edited by Strangelove

Be warned - Legend of Dragoon cant be played on Vita unless you download it on PS3 and transfer it over to Vita first. It's the only way.

That's weird...

*Edit* - Also DINO CRISIS 2 FUCK YES!

Edited by TheMightyEthan

That's weird...

Yeah, some PSOne and PSP games aren't on the Vita store because they might have some issues. Most of them seem to work just fine but I know MGS isn't on the Vita store because it has a pretty serious audio glitch. I really hope they fix those emulation problems at some point.

Edited by FLD