Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

heh, that wiki mentions Greggs Moments but it closed a fair few months back. There is no place on this earth for a swanky Greggs. Also a weird overlap recently in "sites I read for work" and "local food joints" happened with the whole "Google uses the wrong image for the Greggs logo" thing. http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/19/why-did-an-offensive-greggs-logo-show-up-in-googles-web-search

Anywho

NTd9glj.jpg

Bought Civ:BE for just shy of being half price, and got a personal link to the deal from Lewie so yeah.

• Like 1

I could get Beyond Earth for like 15 bucks thanks to all that Playfire Rewards GMG credit I accumulated and it's really tempting to just go for it. But I'm not willing to risk it until they reveal the system requirements. I'm probably fine since it doesn't look much more demanding than Civ V but I've been burned before. Fool me once and all that.

This has been my biggest year for getting games.
I bought:

4PM

Betrayer
DayZ
Evoland
Fable: The Lost Chapters
The Forest
Fez
Gods Will Be Watching
Gone Home
Mind: Path to Thalamus
Paper Sorcerer
Payday 2

Project Zomboid
Scratches: DIrector's Cut
The Tower

Terraria

I've gotten a lot of free games in there as well and a few given to me by developers. But those I paid for with hard earned cash haha

So I got a PS4 because the GameStop deal was too good to pass, but it was like pulling teeth to buy it today.

Not hating on the whole company, but the GameStop in town has been pretty bad each time I've gone in for anything. Last time I was in my GameStop I was buying Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on PS3 because you'd receive a nice little artbook. The whole time they were selling the game, turns out they forgot to give away the artbook too until I mentioned it.

I called in advance today to make sure they had PS4s so I didn't have to face a Saturday afternoon crowd and come out empty-handed. I ask about the console, but also make sure they're still running the sale as sometimes different stores have different sales runtime. They say it's probably over, but I tell them it was suppose to last until the 24th. They find their sales ad and say I'm correct and they weren't originally sure because they didn't find their sales ad until that moment

Deja Vu

Get in the store and there's a huge ass line. Not a big deal to me because I had hours to spare on my day off, but I'm sure some of the customers with a game in hand were frustrated at the slow pace. I've faced the same situation in a similar job, so I knew "the feel" for the employee. When I do get up, I ask for a PS4 and the guy quickly grabs one. So I ask if the download code for Infamous will be on the receipt along with one for the 3 months of PlayStation Plus. Guy gives me a confused look, so I point out what I'm suppose to get with the sale. He pulls a subscription card off the shelf and tries to ring me out for a PS4 and PlayStation Plus card.

"Uh, sales taxes shouldn't add up to an additional $45. I don't think a physical card is part of the deal, so it must all print a code on the receipt."

Yet, the guy doesn't want to believe that, so even though the physical paper sales ad in front of him says Infamous is a digital download, he pulls out a physical copy of the game and tries to ring me out for the game as well. I give him a look that says "I'm not paying for it..." and so he says he'll research it. So minutes pass as his line gets a bit longer and he realizes I was correct.

"Oh, it is just a code on the receipt."

:bun-dizzy:

• Like 2

I think I've seen the manager before, but who knows if it's still the same guy now or if he was ever good at his job. They have this older lady who seems to do well, but even then she didn't show up until the very end (maybe on break) and even she didn't know about the Sony Weekend Sale and the PS4 bonuses.

As far as my experiences go, it doesn't matter how big the line is, they will almost never get a second cashier to help out. They just refuse to do it. At this point I assume it's a company policy and not because employees are that shitty.

That's why I always try to go when they open.

I've worked in stores my entire life, so I usually try to side with the grunts working the shop floor. They're not complete idiots, more often than not it's a 'Management thing'. As for the offer, I can't speak to that, maybe they simply weren't informed. 

poWDUfU.png

eIA9f0h.jpg

Both on Vita.

I still don't know why I didn't grab OlliOlli when it was like 6-7 bucks a couple months back. I had been holding off until they patched the crashing issues and that was it, it was on sale and everything. And I just didn't get it.  :bun-sighs: Oh well, 10 bucks is still better than full price...

I was on the fence about CounterSpy but the discussion about it here sold me on it just now. It's been on my radar for months yet somehow I missed that it was a roguelike/procedural kinda deal. Should be fun!

Edited by FLD

YEAH ZOMBIU!!!

My 2012 Game of the Year. I kid you not. I love that game.

I'm really close to getting a WiiU just for that and Monster Hunter to play with my buddy.

WiiU seems like a really damn good console. Legit.

Also @ Dean: XCOM The Bureau is really good. Another seriously underrated game. Very little to do with the strategy titles, but a really solid tactical TPS. On Hard mode especially. It also has a metanarrative endgame which puts anything I've seen in Mass Effect/ Assassin's Creed to shame.

Also, over in the UK we have Game, and they seem pretty good for having multiple cashiers on tills. Usually there's at least 2, sometimes they bump it to 3 when a crowd comes in.

LastofUsRemastered.jpg

Since Friday. In the Sewers on Grounded playthrough.

Bloody incredible. I've already found about 5-6 things I had no idea were in the game until now, and this is after 5-6 playthroughs. However Remastered it is a lot brighter and a lot clearer, so maybe that isn't surprising.

Edited by kenshi_ryden

4952.jpg

Read up on them and they sound like something I would like. Probably should have bought 2033 first in case I didnt like it....oh well.

I've heard 2033 is okay but flawed.

I've only played Last Light, which was frankly really good. Like a more focused Fallout 3. Fallout 3 meets Half Life 2 gameplaywise.

Enjoy! It's really good.