Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

The microwave thing! What the hell!

Our flat doesn't have a microwave. It's an inconvenience maybe once a month, but on the whole it's helped us eat way better.

However my parents have one and use it quite a lot. Maybe microwave interference explains why our internet would preiodically stop working for our wifi devices? Christ this is a revelation.

Yeah, microwaves work on the same frequency as wifi, and are absurdly powerful compared to wifi (our microwave "broadcasts" at 10,000 times the power of our wireless router) so they cause ungodly amounts of interference.

@kenshi

It's alright. Missing a lot of different things from even base sims 2/3. Like store items and build mode.

Many, many people are upset. Wouldn't say its worth 60 bucks unless your wife is a hardcore sim fan or is fine with the idea that she'll have to wait for EPs to get items and gameplay back.

As for WiFi microwaves, you have to make sure to set it to high and place a cookie and tinfoil inside...and set it to 10 mins.

• Like 2

@kenshi

It's alright. Missing a lot of different things from even base sims 2/3. Like store items and build mode.

Many, many people are upset. Wouldn't say its worth 60 bucks unless your wife is a hardcore sim fan or is fine with the idea that she'll have to wait for EPs to get items and gameplay back.

As for WiFi microwaves, you have to make sure to set it to high and place a cookie and tinfoil inside...and set it to 10 mins.

Why do people review this in terms of what it doesn't have? If you want those features play the other games. Enjoy the new features instead.

• Like 1

@kenshi

Why do people review this in terms of what it doesn't have? If you want those features play the other games. Enjoy the new features instead.

Personally, I don't have that much of an issue with it. But boy, some are pissed. I guess because they know they'll have to buy an expansion pack to "get those features back." But....it's been that way since sims 2! 

That's why I mentioned that in my post instead of going over the "emotion feature" and "new" building features....that EA has done a pretty good job hammering that into those who have been following the hype-train that is Sims 4. 

Didn't bother my wife. She loves the sims. She was fine with the give and take...as it's been that way throughout the series. 

Long story short, I somewhat agree with you FDS. Though...there are instances where the missing "Features' have bugged the hell out of me. And I don't want to have more arguments by opening this bag...but the changes from ME1 to 2. Eventually...I somewhat got over it. Enjoyed what ME2 has to offer. And honestly, that experience allows me to enjoy what Sims 4 has. 

I'm sure some would call my wife(and me, I suppose) the sheeple that "take the shit that EA gives you!"

It comes down to exactly what you are saying, "If you want those features play the other games," For those that don't want to have to wait for the features that were slowly added back(with some new touch-ups) in Sims 2 and 3...then I'd suggest to do exactly that. Stay with Sims 3. Play the other game. 

I'm sorry if I seemed very rambly...TL;DR I guess it was more of a "warning" than a review. Lol Some may just want to wait for the Deluxe edition that usually comes out.

It just seems absolutely crazy to me that people are shocked that a Sims game is going to end up nickel and diming them. Like really? Were they not there for the last 2 games?

Exactly.

I loved Sims 2 and Sim 3.

I just didn't buy EVERYTHING. I got a few Eps...when they were on sale. 3 of which I got for less than 10 bucks each. 

I dunno, I think it's fair to say "this sequel is missing features that the previous entry had in the base game."  It's not fair to expect every single feature that was in an expansion of the previous game to be in the base game of this entry though.

• Like 3

I also just ordered the MK8 DLC bundle pack thing (Season Pass, I guess the rest of the industry would call it).  Pretty spiffy deal: 6 new characters and 16 new tracks for $12 (plus some number of new carts but I don't give a shit about that).

I wonder how many people who ordered the MK8 season pass arent going to be able to play it when it comes out. Just because of death, incarceration, homelessness, etc. I think thatd be a very interesting study.

Oh, my point is that buying a season pass right now thats going to come out in the middle of next year is ridiculous.

Im not condemning it because its a sweet deal, but tis very ridiculous.

Edited by Strangelove

Grabbed the Humble Bundle 12. It's a solid bundle but I already owned all the base games except for Hammerwatch (only had Luftrausers on Vita, though) but the main reason I got it was for Prison Architect at the 10$ tier. Been wanting it for a while and I'm sure it's already been on sale on Steam for cheaper but there was always something keeping me from going for it.

Hopefully the bonus games won't be stuff I already own.