Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

I only played the demo of the first one so will definitely play that before the second one. The decision I'm working on is whether to play them back to back or have a different game in inbetween to give myself a break. Guess that depends how much i enjoy the first one and how long they take.

91lL-MXmJyL._SY679_.jpg

Fuck the Destiny thread. Now I just need to find a PS4 to claim my copy before January 15th.

Did you buy the digital version?  That deal only applies to the digital version (unless a specific store is doing another deal).  If you bought the digital version then I think (but am not positive) that you don't have to claim your PS4 code before the 15th, I think it's basically cross-buy and you get it as long as you ordered the PS3 version before the 15th.

I did. PSN shows that I do indeed got Destiny purchased for the PS4. Now Destiny's PS4 page is just like all my other PS4 games that I got via PS+. I guess that settles that. You know why I am so confused? Articles like these.

In order to redeem your new-generation copies, you'll need to sign in on a PS4 or Xbox One, as the case may be, no later than Jan. 15, 2015. Once you log in, you'll have to go to the PlayStation Store or Xbox Games Store, respectively, then add the (free) content in question to your cart and "buy" it.

But PSN already shows that I purchased it (Another image of my download list). The thing is that articles like Polygon's (Then again, it is Polygon...) makes me uncertain as fuck. Then, of course I could go directly to the source.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5372

I should be good.

Edited by MaliciousH

91XaXM5MjuL._SL1500_.jpg

pre-ordered this to get the skyward sword costume bonus (which was the one I wanted, unlike most people it seems) I liked the look of the twilight princess one too but wouldn't get it from GAME if they were giving it away for free. Probably will regret my decision as I'm guessing the price will drop like a stone but the reviews seem OK and I've never tried a Dynasty Warriors game.

Do have another Amazon moan though! It releases tomorrow and I ordered it this morning, any other prime item I've ordered would have dispatched same day to arrive tomorrow. but my best prime delivery option was not next day but expedited. Thing is they've done chuff all with it today  and aren't dispatching until tomorrow for hopeful delivery by 9pm Saturday. Not exactly my definition of expedited.

Edited by TheFlyingGerbil

GkSsMbf.jpg

Bought with my GMG credit, which I got from Playfire rewards, so essentially for free. :)

I've had like 36 bucks of credit accumulated since early in the summer and every single game I've planned to use it on so far has ended up not being available on GMG. Latest example would be Wasteland 2. Officially out of early access today but still nowhere to be seen on their website. I'd been meaning to use it on a bigger purchase but fuck it, no point holding onto that credit forever. I'm kinda tempted to also get FFIV but I think I'll stick with the old school 2D version I have on my Vita for now.

Edited by FLD
  • Like 1

The PSP version of FFIV is the best, those sprites look great. The bobble-head 3D version looks awful.

I'm okay with both visual styles but since I already own the PSP one and it includes that After Years sequel thing, I might as well play that one first.

I really need to finally play FFIV all the way through, though. I've played through most of it a few times by now but never actually finished it. I'm pretty sure one time I was at the final dungeon or at least very close to it.

Another PSN sale...

RE6 is really tempting at that price. I already own it on Steam but I'm unable to play it for now because of hardware fuckery. My GPU's driver does not seem to like that game one bit. I kept getting the weirdest crashes when I tried playing it.

HUIips5.jpg

You know what Ubisoft? Fuck you. You stole my 70 bucks with your unplayable garbage of a PC version and now you're getting an extra 10. So, you win. You win and fuck you.

I was really hoping it would get on PS+ but I don't see it happening at this point. I'm saving up for a PS4 and when I get one in a few months I'll definitely want to play Black Flag so there's no way around it, I need to finally play this. :(

Just Ubisoft's trademark lack of optimization. Either that or their system requirements were complete bullshit because I met the recommended ones but it still turned into a fucking slideshow the second I set foot in Boston. It was a pretty common issue around launch, a lot of people whose rig should've been able to handle the game were unable to play. A GPU upgrade later and it's still unplayable on mine.

To this day I still pirate Ubisoft's PC releases to test them first before spending my money on them, just to make sure I don't get screwed again.

Ha! You been UBISOFTED!

I actually don't mind AC3. I liked the Desmond missions (minus the BS ending), the world, and Connor. It's got some issues, primarily the overly long opening introduction and some technical issues. It could use a PS4 version with some more polish. Still better than AC:R and AC1 though.

• Like 1

I'm actually pretty curious about that infamous ending. I've always been in the minority in that I actually enjoy the modern days stuff. I was pretty fucking hyped to see the end of the Desmond storyline two years ago. Shit, I even replayed the entire series up to Brotherhood in anticipation of ACIII. And now that I've remembered doing that, I'm kind of irritated that I'm going to be playing the game two fucking years later...

• Like 1

I liked the modern day stuff, which made the ending a big let down. Post your thoughts in the Ass Creed thread when you finish, and don't forget to vote in the poll on where you think Assassins Creed 3 should take place..... IT'S ONLY BEEN 3 YEARS, MODS!!!!  :angry:

Oh and do the Homefront missions, they add a lot of perspective and character to Connor.