Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

Target has a B2G1 sale. I wish it was in a few weeks when DA:I, FC4, ACU, etc etc comes out but oh well. I picked up Walking Dead Season 2 on PS4, Rayman Legends on PS4, and Borderlands 2 on Vita. I wanted to pick up The Wolf Among Us PS4 but they didn't seem to have it, so I went with Borderlands which was a good call, so far it runs and looks great on Vita (granted I'm not too far into it), and controls great too, also it's PSTV compatible. 

A sale like that is meant to clear out stock before the upcoming big releases.

People are (relatively) gobbling it up. Currently #4 on Steam and #1 on GMG. It's fantastic that it is having another day in the sun even going against Assassin Creed Unity and Call of Duty Advance Warfare. Judging on the spots it holds on Steam and GMG, it is priced just right. What personally put me over the edge on double-dipping is that everything points to that the port is totally fine. It also helps that I don't have a copy of VC and I never played the DLCs.

Hopefully SEGA will take note and aim for the other games as well, despite them moving away from the tone of the first game. With that said, maybe SEGA can also note that they should do another game with a tone like VC1 on a major platform.

Pf0Pwiy.jpg

I already spent the credit I was saving for this on Valkyria Chronicles so I had to pay out of pocket. I was going to wait since I still haven't really touched FFXIII but then GMG sent me a 25% voucher that stacks on top of the 10% pre-order discount. 13.50$ was low enough for me to bite.

Unlike FFXIII, I've never actually played this one. I think I have a digital copy of the PS3 version from when it was on sale on PSN but I never got around to playing it. It's been so long since I played the original that I felt like I needed to replay it first anyway, so I'm not too bothered by the accidental double-dipping. I'd rather play it on PC anyway.

• Like 2

I never played FFXIII-2 so I might hop on board when it drops down to $10 or less even though I do have a distaste for FFXIII (which I may also get eventually). Kind of hard to justify shitting on games if I haven't played them enough or beaten them. It will also be interesting to have a Final Fantasy game where I have the option for Japanese audio. I'm honestly kind of floored that they are including that.

That being said, you don't have to replay the first game. The story doesn't fucking matter. It's a total pile of shit.

Lol. Why am I not surprised? But still, I've actually felt like giving FFXIII a replay for a couple years now, I've just been putting it off again and again, even when I have the time. The PC version pretty much just gave me an excuse to do it sooner rather than later.

It will also be interesting to have a Final Fantasy game where I have the option for Japanese audio. I'm honestly kind of floored that they are including that.

The only problem with that is that, in true Square Enix fashion, they're being complete fucking morons about it. The game is 50GBs because you have to download all the audio files (and I think video?) for both languages. I'm pretty sure Steam has some kind of option to select your language under game properties. Fucking use that! Or shit, at least make the Japanese files into DLC, that way at least you can choose not to install it. As it is, even if you delete the files you don't need you'll end up having to redownload everything whenever the game gets patched.

Edited by FLD

Hyperborea

render-hyperborea-fine.jpg

I don't really have any Civ/4X games but this looked p accessible and replayable, plus it's supposed to play rather quickly for a civ game even with 6 players (estimate is 25 mins per player). I also like the optional unique race powers and the idea of a bag-building mechanic as opposed to a deck-building one. :P

Pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition on the PSN. 

The Hype devoured me. Once it reminded me so much of DA;O......though I've heard the game seems like a mish-mash of DA;O, DAII, Skyrim, WItcher, etc with a somewhat weak story..lol But hey...if it's fucking fun, so what! I'll set my expectations low for the story. 

• Like 2