Games You've Bought 2014

TheMightyEthan

Maybe I've been watching too many Christmas movies and was hoping for a Christmas miracle. I'll still hope to see a post by FDS in Post Your Purchases thread for the biggest turkey in the butcher's window.

Edited by TheFlyingGerbil
  • Like 4

You and me both, man. You have no idea how many hours I've wasted trying to troubleshoot this thing on and off over the years. All I can say for sure is I've ruled out the GPU and the RAM.

The worst part is how seemingly random it is. It goes away and comes back and I can't fucking figure out why. Like, for the past month or so I've been playing Styx: Master of Shadows without any issues. But last week-end it decided it felt like acting up again so now I can't play for more than 20mins without having my system lock up completely. It's gotten so bad that I can't even finish the damn game. :/ And I feel like it's getting worse because it actually started happening even when I'm not playing graphically-demanding games.

Edited by FLD

JWU5Shj.jpg

Grabbed this pretty much the second it went on a flash sale last night. It's been on my radar ever since Super Bunnyhop did a video on it a couple months back. I'd never even heard about it prior to that so I guess it came out to very little fanfare. Which is a fucking crime because after only about an hour or so of beer-fueled play before I went to bed last night, hooooly shit I love it!

Basically, it's the planning phase of the old-school Rainbow Six games but expanded into an entire game. It plays like a top-down real-time strategy game but you can pause the action to think about/input your actions. It's amazing.

edit:

wjAgYBW.jpg

Grabbed it while it's still 33% off. Mostly in anticipation of my new CPU but fuck me, it actually runs. At a solid 30+ FPS, too, and I barely had to lower anything. Very impressive, Kojima.

I'm really tempted to also get AC: Black Flag while it's only 10 bucks but it being Ubisoft I have zero faith that the game will run properly, even on my new CPU. :/ By all means it should, but I'd feel much safer if I could test it on ACIII first. 

edit2: Oh well, let's hope I won't regret this...

xJRlWdb.jpgir2qAOB.jpg

Edited by FLD
  • Like 1

80-Days.jpggalaxy%20trucker.jpg

Both on Android. Wanted some mobile stuff for the holidays.

First sounds like a fun little app from the people who made Sorcery. So it's a sort of 'choose your own adventure' except I think it has some more developed mechanics as well now. Looks lovely.

Second is actually based on a board game I've been wanting to try but never have. Sounds great, especially since this app has a single-player campaign mode which seems to be really expansive. And a steal at £1.90 (an introductory price, I believe)

Edited by Hot Heart