Introduce Yourself

AcidCrownie

back to introductions

Hello everyone! I'm Showmeyomoves! but most people just call me Smooves. I'm 26, born in the Netherlands but currently working in Germany as a translator (for dem vidjagames). Hobbies include reading comics (mostly Marvel), playing games (Wii, PS3 & DS) and listening to music (anything from Talib Kweli to Anamanaguchi).

I used to comment quite a lot over on Kotaku - and somehow managed to get 407 followers - but I'd be surprised if anyone over there still remembers me. All the cool people are here now.

Would you like to know more?

Hi. I was Knifington on all Gawker media sites.

I'm migrating from Kotaku because of all the bullshit that goes on with Gawker in general.

That, and I don't have to worry about my star getting taken away here. :B

I'm just another gamer who's grown up and has responsibilities now (job, wife and kid, etc.), so I don't get as much time to game as I used to. I do, however, get plenty of time to plop my ass in front of a computer with an internet connection.

I used to comment quite a lot over on Kotaku - and somehow managed to get 407 followers - but I'd be surprised if anyone over there still remembers me. All the cool people are here now

OMG I TOTES REMEMBER U!

Would you like to know more?

And was I supposed to read that in the voice of the propaganda narrator from Starship Troopers? Because I did.

Hello there. Like your avatar, though it only reminds me how much the anime butchered the manga. Specifically Freya's character.

I've heard as much which is why I never watched it :bun-sighs: Still have the books on my shelf and love to read them from time to time, though.

This reminds me I should add a signature here too, might just use my one from another forum cause it was made by someone way better at sigs than me ;)

Dude! There's no #speakup box for people to mistakingly think is the search box here! What're you going to do with all your free time!?

I dunno. I'd better find something since the Gawker redesign will end that little game. Maybe I'll take up knitting, though my coworkers and boss will think I'm insane.