The Witness

TCP

Honestly, I have a feeling that this game is going to be kinda like Fez and that there's a lot more to it that hasn't been discovered yet. Other than just finding all the remaining puzzles and activating all the lasers, I've also found two big "wtf is this about" things to work towards.

First, there's the environmental puzzles, which add a separate + puzzle counter on your save files. They're related to the weird black "humming" pillars that are found throughout the island. Solving them makes some weird glyphs appear on the pillars.

The other one is found in an underground room hidden under the windmill near the village. There's a sort of theater-like area with a screen and a single panel that you can input different solutions into (which are found in weird little boxes throughout the island). Each one unlocks a video, though I've only watched the first one so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.

There's also

puzzles you can solve IN those videos. Some are even only viewable behind the screen.

Holy shit, for real?! O_O 

edit: Damn it, now I'm firing up the game when what I really should be firing up is Visual Studio...

Edited by FLD

There's also

puzzles you can solve IN those videos. Some are even only viewable behind the screen.

Holy shit, for real?! O_O 

edit: Damn it, now I'm firing up the game when what I really should be firing up is Visual Studio...

I haven't confirmed that for myself but people on GAF were talking about it.

Yeah, that was one of the ones that came to mind.  I kept looking at it thinking it was telling me the solution to a puzzle somewhere, but it had never occurred to me until this conversation that I should try activating it directly.

Meh, I thought a lot of the more complex puzzle mechanics weren't particularly well explained. You do like 4-5 tutorials easily but then you get the next one and it's like "Wait, wtf?"

I can respect the attempt to communicate information to the player without words but it had its downsides.

The tetris puzzles weren't explained as well as some of the other ones. The suns, colour boxes, etc were all explained really well but FLD is right, tetris puzzles just kind of skip ahead and you're like "da fuq?".

That said, at least they are explained unlike the single, double, or triple triangles.