The Witcher

deanb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with something?

I'm trying to get most of the achievements for TW3. Unfortunately, asks for 50 headshot kills with the crossbow. I can't seem to get it to do more than chip damage, though. I've equipped powerful bolts, all crossbow abilities, a strong crossbow, and stowed my swords when firing (apparently that's supposed to make a difference?). Still, nothing works.

Can anyone help me with something?

I'm trying to get most of the achievements for TW3. Unfortunately, asks for 50 headshot kills with the crossbow. I can't seem to get it to do more than chip damage, though. I've equipped powerful bolts, all crossbow abilities, a strong crossbow, and stowed my swords when firing (apparently that's supposed to make a difference?). Still, nothing works.

Have you tried using it on underwater monsters?  I don't know if it counts but they are far more susceptible to the crossbow.

That's true, though I'm not sure if it counts either. And there's no way to track your progress. Not to mention, the game is really wonky about detecting headshots.

I know it works on land, though. There are threads about doing it, and they all suggest you do it on land. But fuck if I can get it to work. I'll see if I can dig anything up on doing it underwater. Thanks, Jack.

Edit: Never mind. That won't work. Achievement says humans and nonhumans.

Edited by Rudolph Hitler

• 5 months later...

http://www.platige.com/en/page/839-The_Witcher_Saga_On_Netflix

Witcher TV shows being developed for Netflix.

I would guess base on Sapkoski being on board and his remarks on "staying true to the source material" that while many video game sites have covered this news it's unlikely to actually follow the games (Sapkoski has been vocal on his dislike of the games before now).

On topic of books I've noticed a lot more of them about, so I'm to assume that the majority have now been translated?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...