Games You've Bought 2017

MetalCaveman

8 minutes ago, TheMightyEthan said:

I also ordered a Steam controller since I like playing games on the TV even when they don't support regular controllers.

Steam now has support for PS4 controllers (I assume Xbox too). You should be able to set them up just like you would a Steam Controller, even if the game doesn't have native support.

Edited by FLD

Steam now has support for PS4 controllers (I assume Xbox too). You should be able to set them up just like you would a Steam Controller, even if the game doesn't have native support.

I want it for games that rely heavily on the mouse, and the Steam controller's touchpad seems better for that than the DS4's (which is fine for little bits, but not for extended usage). I also hate trying to control a cursor with a thumbstick.

*Edit - If I'm misunderstanding something I would like to know because I am not opposed to saving the $35 [emoji16]

I seem to recall holding off on a Steam Controller due to a possible revision soon or am I mis-remembering things again (Like forgetting Obi Wan Kenobi's name)? Maybe I should just jump on it.
@Mister Jack is in for a great time. Hollow Knight and Dragon's Dogma DA?

As for myself, I may just sit out this sale. My backlog of games that I care about is still active and i have little time now when I am juggling a job and thesis work.

57 minutes ago, Mal said:

I seem to recall holding off on a Steam Controller due to a possible revision soon or am I mis-remembering things again (Like forgetting Obi Wan Kenobi's name)? Maybe I should just jump on it.

There is a revision in the works but they've been pretty vague as to when it's actually coming. Knowing Valve, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while. And that's assuming they don't lose interest and shelve the idea altogether. They seem to do that a lot lately...

I'm also having a hard time getting into the Steam sale spirit. I had to go through my wishlist twice to find cheap stuff I actually wanted to get right away. 

5GSfNAE.jpg B8FKHMb.jpg 

qLpLzmQ.jpg iOXJ1vl.jpg

After missing it in the Humble Monthly, I got sick of waiting for Abzu to get rebundled. It'll probably happen next week now. 

Beyond that, most games I might be tempted to get are still well outside of impulse buy price range. I mean, Fallout 4 is almost two years old at this point. You're gonna have to do better than 20 bucks, Bethesda. I'm tempted to get Dishonored 2 for 25 bucks, though... but I kinda want to stay away from pricier games. A little bird told me Cold Steel PC is very likely coming next month, so I'll just save my money for that.

Edited by FLD
  • Like 1

Oceanhorn (Switch)
Oh man, what an uninspired game. Kind of fun, I suppose.

Also:
71PD+MnSYTL._SL1500_.jpg 61dM4k+MfIL._SL1220_.jpg 
They were cheap on Amazon JP. I HAVE NO SHAME!!!

Also did I mention this:
1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.png final_fantasy_iii_cart_ntsc_1.jpg  
I sold my SNES when I was 11, I've been regretting it lately. Grabbed one from my used game store with a second controller for 70 bucks, plus Super Mario World. Went back the next day and get FFIII. I have a Samsung CRT TV, probably one of their last CRTs, these games look great on it. Busted out my old NES, cleaned up the carts with some rubbing alcohol. Fuck Virtual Console.

• Like 1

Yeah MJ has some pretty sweet games. I really should dive back into Dragons Dogma (btw if you have me on Steam you should be able to get my Pawn. She's great, she just picks folks up n throws them away).

FLD there picking up some of Newcastle's finest.

@TheMightyEthan I'll probably be hooking my Link up with a DS4, and/or a keyboard & mouse. 

Well I tried to buy the Majora's Mask Link amiibo today, but no luck. I didn't realize it was a Best Buy exclusive, so after going there I basically wasted time going to Target and Wal-Mart. Where I live they're not that far apart, but driving on a busy Friday isn't that fun. I was at the mall getting new Converse shoes, and stopped by the GameStop. Ironically, they had all the Breath of the Wild amiibo (rather rare), but I don't bother collecting anymore. For once, one of the associates actually knew what they were talking about and informed me that the Majora's Mask one was exclusive.

Like an illiterate fool, I kept missing the first line in Product Details online that said, "Only at Best Buy."

Anyway, I order this baby instead because I'm getting hyped for Metroid and never actually got it from 2014.

R7kHdjq.jpg

I bought three games in the Steam Sale.  Jet Set Radio, Half Life 2 episode 2, and Final Fantasy 9.

I have never played any of these games.  I have already started with FF 9.  It froze up at the start of a battle in the ice cavern right near the start of the game, and I had to hard shut down and lose some progress.  That is a bummer.  You never wanna see a hard crash in the first 2 hours of a game.  Fingers crossed this isn't a recurring issue.  Because I REALLY dig the vibe of the game so far.  But if I'm afraid of a crash every time an encounter pops up that kinda sucks the fun out of the thing.

Huh. I've not had any issues with FFIX aside from controller support but that's not an issue any more (thankfully, cos using a 360 pad for a psone game felt like something the geneva convention forbids). Hope you don't have further issues cos it is a pretty swell game. And yeah the steampunkish world is pretty cool.

And holy shit to have played HL2 and Ep1 but not Episode 2, dang. Probs worth you going through the first two for a refresher mind (I only partially remember in what order things happen in HL2. I think Episode 2 has that cool bit with Dog and a Strider).

Anywho I went into town for more practical things but spotted this for cheaper than I've seen anywhere else so treat myself:
912yRMllB5L._SX342_.jpg

Also a dirt cheap mouse may since it turns out the surface I'm on doesn't play well with mice.

• Like 2

Not gonna find pics for each one, but I got:

Star Ruler 2

The Jackbox party trilogy (in case anyone here was serious about doing some PXOD Jackbox games)

Domina

Resident Evil VII

GotG Telltale Series

Walking Dead Season 3

Total War: Warhammer DLC

Probably not done yet, either. Eyeing Nier: Autoamta, even though I never played any of the prequels.