deanb

Heh, they changed the EULA when it changed to Alpha for "legal reasons" so that offer isn't on the cards anymore.

If he ever says that he'll be destroyed by his own community and the only thing he'll be remembered for afterward is, "That guy who made Minecraft and ripped everyone off."

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.

Nothing.

Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Basically, he's just allowing himself to charge for post-release DLC. And whilst I don't agree with charging for DLC (with the exception of decent multiplayer map packs to spice up a game that has been out for some time), that's no more evil than every other game developer out there other than Valve.

Edited by Mr W Phallus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, sprinting now will be unlimited but it will drain your food bar. Not sure how quickly but yeah, not quickly enough to overcome a row of stacks of food! (I hope that won't be possible)

Also:

http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/108812676288884736

I would say the 9th so everyone with a free weekend will have a wonderful time of BROKEN GAME. Damn I am pessimistic.

No words. I am that amazed. I'm going to give it a go later. I wonder if it works for SMP... then again, 1.8 will break everything so whatever.

Yep, this mod is amazing. I cheated to get the stuff to try them out. All I can say is... DAMN.

I should give this a serious run and perhaps I can actually build some large projects legit as far as this mod is concern.

Edited by MaliciousH
  • Like 1

RARGH

http://beefjack.com/...update-delayed/ 1.8 part 1 looks like it won't be hitting tomorrow. Lets all say it together!.......FUCK.

You see this Notch! This is my patience. Its wearing thin!

See, the worse thing is that the update is obviously going to be hopelessly broken for two-three days, so you need to add two-three days to their release date to get the PROPER release date.

Honestly, I don't see them cranking out a playable version of the update until the end of the month. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them say "we're releasing this as is. We're cutting out even more features and putting them off because they were so buggy" like they did withe Halloween update (which, BTW, still hasn't been fully completed IIRC).

• Like 2

Saw his tweet yesterday but... you had to see this coming. I love the game to death but man... /headdesk

At least I hope Jeb means what he says with the testing part. Then perhaps we will get a much more stable game.

As for the Halloween Update... I better see one this year with lanterns carried by a Tonberry like mob. DOINK

Anything can happen during testing. You might be five minutes away from release when you realize there's a bug that you really do need to fix, only find out that fixing that bug leads to something else being broken, fixing that means breaking something else still, and fixing that last one requires rewriting 5-6 different mechanics entirely just to accommodate that one.

Gaming studios know how to avoid this issue, but Mojang appears to still struggle with it. I wonder how they'll change things (IF they change things) once it gets out of beta.