games that have made you cry.

TheForgetfulBrain

Even for big strong bad men, it's not so unusual to have a good cry at certain movies or books - but tell the average person a game made you shed some salty water and you'll get all sorts of strange looks.

But bugger that!

What games have done this for you?

Don't forget your spoiler tags if it involves a major plot point (FFVII excluded).

I know it's happened for me on numerous occasions, one within the last year or so, but for the life of me I can't think of which game it was right now.

Just for good measure though, when I was a kid there was a Sierra Online adventure game I realllly loved called 'Ecoquest' where you're this kid who swims around in the ocean somehow with this dolphin doing adventure-like stuff in order to save said ocean (or something like that). When I finally finished the game and your character is parting with the dolphin, I remember crying, but mostly because I was sad the game was ending and I felt like I was losing a friend or something. (I was eight or so and in touch with my emotions, what can I say)

To my knowledge, there has only been one video game that has caused me to shed a tear. Not to say other video games haven't made me feel tearful, but that's really it: feel.

To get it out of the way, my one tear drop from a video game was the near ending to Okami.

It's when Yami has drained Amaterasu of all her power, and she is at her most vulnerable. She still fights on, but there really doesn't seem to be a chance. In that dire moment, you hear the voices of all the people you've helped on your journey. They've come to realize that you were a god, a being sent to help all in troubled times. It wasn't until the little girl asking about the "doggy" that I got emotional. You find out it was the work of Issun, performing his duty to keep the gods alive in the hearts and minds of the people of Nippon. As such, everyone begins to pray and through that act, power flows through Amaterasu. It's unimaginable power; her true strength restore to end the evil of Yami once and for all!

I'm also a dog person, so that probably contributes as well.

Don't forget your spoiler tags if it involves a major plot point (FFVII excluded).

Excluded? Yeah... I cried after I played past THAT part of FFVII. But then again, so did many people.

For me though, it was kinda weird because I didn't actually cry during the cutscene where she died, I was sort of holding back tears though. It wasn't until later, when everything was quiet and really depressing (long after I had switched off the game) that I thought of it and just straight up BAWLED.

To my knowledge, there has only been one video game that has caused me to shed a tear. Not to say other video games haven't made me feel tearful, but that's really it: feel.

To get it out of the way, my one tear drop from a video game was the near ending to Okami.

I'm also a dog person, so that probably contributes as well.

I've been told I need to play Okami. So many times. And I'm pretty sure I really do. Someday!

For me though, it was kinda weird because I didn't actually cry during the cutscene where she died, I was sort of holding back tears though. It wasn't until later, when everything was quiet and really depressing (long after I had switched off the game) that I thought of it and just straight up BAWLED.

I can't remember if 7 made me cry, but I'm sure one of the Final Fantasy games have. Maybe 8? (Believe it or not)

Ending of MGS3;

MGS3 was incredibly sad. It was one of those games I got to the last Boss (har) and never finished and later lost my save. Argh.

The end of Shadow of the Colossus. I think that's the only game that has affected me even CLOSE to enough to make me cry.

Are they still bringing Shadow of the Colossus to PS3 in one of those 'HD upgrades'?

Because I really need to play that game too...

Now that I am older I think more things would make me cry because I would understand the complexity of what is ocuring, also I think I'm more sensitive to that kind of stuff now that I'm older weirdly enough, so I don't have many titles in my list...

-the ending of P3. ...Aigis Q_Q

-the ending of P4...goddamn, just thinking about the game makes me ache sometimes

-the final dialogue between me and morrigan, after knowing she had to leave.

-when sheena's pet dies in ToS

-sniper wolf's death in MGS

that's it i think--if i replayed some of the games i played when i was earlier, i think that i'd have more moments that would touch me now but didn't back then

holy shit almost all of these are about women in games i just realized. wat

oh. this song. gooooddamn, it's kryptonite. from the ending of P3 (it's not spoilers, just the credits song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXXJRRHKGw

THIS SONG ...waaaaaah Q_Q and i mean there's nevermore, but that ending song can't touch me as strongly as the entire game did.