games that have made you cry.

TheForgetfulBrain

If you're referring to me, I am evaluating it based on the whole experience. Overall I found it enjoyable, but nothing special. The presentation was, as I said, charming, but that's just one part of the whole experience.

I really don't get people who assume that just because you have a different opinion about something it means you aren't thinking about it intelligently.

You're misusing the word "all." The "actual" game is also the whole experience, dumbass. Unless there's somehow a game that is separate from what you were playing. Considering you don't work for the company that developed the game you can't break the experience into such parts.

Edited by Faiblesse Des Sens

What the fuck are you even blabbering about?  I said overall, I found the whole experience enjoyable, but nothing special.  I get that the "actual" game (gameplay) is only one part of the whole experience.  The gameplay was highly meh, the presentation was charming, overall the presentation did elevate it over what the gameplay alone would have provided, bringing it up to the level of "enjoyable but nothing special".  The presentation was the only thing it had going for it, and was insufficient in my opinion to justifiy the levels of hype the game receives.  Learn some fucking reading comprehension and don't assume that everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Walking Dead Season 2 had me in tears at least three times throughout its episodes...

I was nice to Kenny throughout the whole thing, so his death when Clem shot him made it really difficult to sit through.
"You made the right choice. You know... I've been wishing for this for a long time, but... now that's it here, I'm scared Clem."
"It's okay...You'll be with Kat and Duck..."
"You were always good for a smile."
:bun-cry:

• Like 2

Men don't cry. Men sweat through their eyes.

I never cried because of a game, but there were a few close calls. And they were (without any exact spoilers, don't worry):

Silent Hill 2. The story was depressing all around, but also very beautiful. Hard to point out the exact moment, it's more tear jerking when you're actually pondering meaning of the story. One of my favourite games of all time, because it's the only one I played so far that actually elevates the storytelling to an art form. You can shove as many hollywood gimmicks into your game as you like, but you can never beat subtlety. You can call Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us an art, but to me they will never come even close to the quality of SH2.

And speaking of...

The Last of Us. I was really skeptical because of all that stupid hype the game received, but this one can actually pull your heart strings. Not really a spoiler since it happens within the first few minutes of the game, but the scene when Joel loses his daughter was very effective. Even when I'm typing it now I get the feels.

Metal Gear Solid 3. That salute Big Boss gives at the very end of the game was the exact moment when I realized just how "eFfed in the A" he got by just about everyone. That really struck me and made me feel sorry for him. Yeah, no wonder he later became what he was. I'd be pissed too.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've been playing Wind Waker HD, and the rupees are quite plentiful so when I got a letter from Granny saying she was proud of me and giving me all the money she'd managed to save up to help on my adventure, and it was only 20 rupees I felt a bit teary. 

• Like 1