Final Fantasy Thread

Yantelope

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best FInal Fantasy?

Hey, Final Fantasy 7 is on Steam!  I could play it now if I felt like I guess.  Nothing about it inspires me to think that it's a JRPG I would like in particular but it's kind of a classic.  Maybe if it goes on sale I could grab it and try it out just for the sake of trying it?  Will depend on how steep the sale cut is.

It's regularly half-price on the Square Enix store. Given for both versions the cloud saving is on S-Es end, the achievements are also on their end, and it also has S-E's version of DRM the only bonus the Steam version has is not having to manually add it as non-Steam game (and by the sounds of it a bit of extra difficulty in modding)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FFVI is getting remade!!!!!!

...as an iOS/Android game. :(

Wish this would come to other platforms too. Why not Vita and 3DS? Or XBLA and PSN? Imagine a PS3/Vita crossbuy? I'd buy the shit out of that. I tried Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy I on iOS. I do not want to play those games on a touch screen. 

Wish this would come to other platforms too. Why not Vita and 3DS? Or XBLA and PSN? Imagine a PS3/Vita crossbuy?

Android and iOS have the largest install-base and since these games aren't available on these platforms or their predecessors in some form (but emulators) people seem to have no problem paying their ridiculous inflated prices.

Just look at how much FF3 costs and how many installs it has:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFIII_GP

Edited by Faiblesse Des Sens

If they're going through the trouble of remaking (or "enhancing") these ports, I don't see why they wouldn't want to bring them to every platform they could, it's not like you're trying to port a 2013 AAA title. Put these up on Steam! Money!

Also, yeah, prices.. awful.

• 1 month later...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/18/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps3-march-18th-2014/

March 18th for the HD collection. I still cant believe how long it's taken for this "enhanced" port. They really shouldnt have tried so hard. Just make it hd, widescreen, add trophies and call it a day. Aside from "why does everyone's faces look funny?", I dont expect anyone to care too much about the enhancements.

They also havent shown anything from the Vita version(the one I care about the most), which leads me to believe that it might not even come out in the US, or it might just be digital only, and/or its a shitty port.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you can play the FFIV remake(DS, IOS, probably on Android too), skip FF3 and just go to that one. FF3 was fine when I played it before FF4 came out, but I wouldnt play it now. It has very little story, no real characters, and the battles are slow as hell.

Not to mention that itll look like shit on a pc.

All in all, its basically FF1 with the job class system. Just a barebones jrpg.

Also funnily enough, FF1 and FF3 have no votes on here as the best FF game.

Edited by Strangelove

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

They've been doing PC Final Fantasy games for a while. Apart from Lighting Returns* the last 3 FF games are on PC, so Type-0 n FFXV aren't too much of a stretch. They carry on showing that DirectX12 demo too, which wouldn't make too much sense if they were only making an engine for console (Xbox One is DX11 n PS4 is OpenGL. Win 10, n likely Win 8, are DX12)

*Which is the only FFXIII title I'm yet to play and it's meant to have been out in March. Kinda annoyed cos I'd seen it quite cheap a few months back for PS3.

*Which is the only FFXIII title I'm yet to play and it's meant to have been out in March. Kinda annoyed cos I'd seen it quite cheap a few months back for PS3.

I think they only ever vaguely said "Spring 2015" but yeah, even that window is closing very soon. Really wonder what's up with that as the only reason I bothered double dipping the first two was because they announced the full trilogy right off the bat.

Apparently their streaming service has bombed pretty hard, so some people are saying LR might've been silently canned along with it. That seems like a bit of a stretch but I'd be pretty annoyed if that's actually what happened. I kinda want to hope that they're actually taking the time to do a good port job this time but I just can't bring myself to be that optimistic about S-E these days.

Huh seems it is. That's weird. I don't think the 360 ever got a DirectX update. edit-ish: Yeah it was a DX9 spin-off on 360.

Can't imagine why they'd bother, not like the GPU is going to get magically replaced with a newer GPU (and Xbox One already runs Mantle, which is what DX12 pulls a lot from)

edit proper: In fact it's more likely a bit of marketing boomf. It's fairly easy to go  *twiddles a couple numbers on the Xbox One which I don't think end-users could even see anyway* "and now it has Direct X 12!"