Final Fantasy Thread

Yantelope

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best FInal Fantasy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So any Americans that've played FFX HD? I know it uses the International version as a base, so curious to hear peoples thoughts on the changes.

Gotta say Experte Sphere grid is always fun to play with Black Mage Yuna is pretty OP (nearly double Lulu's power even as early as Mushroom Rock Road).

I'm just leaving Djose temple atm. Nice to hear the new tunes, main one I've picked up on is the battle theme is a bit more electric-guitarey.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, Final Fantasy question. FF V is releasing on PC. I have never played FF V. I think I will like FF V a lot. I think this because I adore FF III and Dragon Quest games. Less story more Dungeon/town/overworld/new town formula is my jam. By reputation, this is the what FF V is like.

BUT: there might be a problem. I keep reading internet commenters complaining that the redone sprites that will be in the PC version are bad. Is this something I should worry about/take into consideration before buying this game? Or is this just people on the internet bitching because that's what people on the internet do? I need a knowledgeable person to tell me if this is a real problem or a whiny entitled internet problem.

They look odd and seems unnecessary but the intent of the game is there. I just wish a classic-visual mode was there but then I would emulate the PS1 version. It's a fun game with its moments and is where I believe the recurring name of Boco for the main chocobo comes from.

Yeah, I kept hearing that the new sprites were awful in this and the FFVI mobile release but I'm just not seeing it. The character sprites do look a bit off, I guess, but I think the monsters and backgrounds look gorgeous.

k2uElSg.jpgvwsqYWz.jpg

I'll take this over the ugly 3D of the FFIV remake any day. The only thing that actually bothers me is that bulky touch screen interface. I kinda wish they'd redesigned it for the PC release. Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you. Somehow never played FFV and I intend to do it with this version at some point.

It's pretty cool to see these games finally hit Steam, even if it's just the mobile ports. FFVI, i.e. the best of the entire series, is probably coming next. Really looking forward to that one. Also, once they're done porting the FF series I really hope they start porting Dragon Quest next. DQ I through like VI or VII are already out on mobile in NA. Would be such a waste to not put them on Steam. :(

Thank you for your assistance.  Everyone agrees that I should not be concerned about the sprites.  Looking at the screenshots FLD put up, I quite agree.

I'm not thrilled about that interface though.  Do these games tend to get mods?  If yes, I'll wait for a "not designed for smartphones" battle interface.

I just realized something... unless SquareEnix does something stupid with FFVII remake, we get to relive the summon spells. FFVII has some of the best summons in the series. There are not one, not two but three Bahamut summons. There is also the Knights of the Round summon.

Why the fuck am I getting excited for a remake that might get delayed and butchered?

• 2 months later...