Final Fantasy Thread

Yantelope

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best FInal Fantasy?

It would be interesting to see. I think SE are doing well with Eidos. I think they're kind of using the western studios as learning, just in owning them they can see the sausage factor in practice and in full detail. I'm not sure they'd want to be getting Eidos to make Japanese games. Then again it would give direct insight into "how would a western studio make a Final Fantasy". Of course it could end up with Eidos making the most successful FF title of all time and make SE look like morons. Rich morons, but morons nonetheless.

• 3 months later...

I would be REALLY surprised if Versus was not XV, this was rumoured awhile ago.

Also I don't think that's from 2011, as the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary is this year, and also that logo was unveiled earlier this year.

EDIT: And on second watch I don't think I've ever seen any of that Versus footage before.. Maybe the shot of whats his pickle getting off the chair.

Edited by TheCowboyPoet

Versus and Agito originally were loosely tied in with XIII, basic themes, maybe set in the same worlds but in different eras or something. I think fal'cie and all those words were going to be in all the games. Type-0 is still apparently in the "Fabula Nova Crystallis" series, so I'd imagine Versus/XV would still be as well.

Strangelove hit the nail on the head, it's just part of the Fabula Nova Crystalisis. And as shown with the Ivalice Alliance they don't all need to be the same numbering/naming to be attached. In fact with FFXIII-2 existing not only would it mean attaching Versus to the slightly damaged goods of FFXIII, it also causes confusion in whether or not it is a direct sequel.

Also Ethan this would be the only "versus" game.

I will point out, I could probably make that video. Mainly a case of some Versus footage, a Final Fantasy logo at the end. The play it and film from grainy camera with whooping friends.

It's just so easy to make fairly convincing fake leaks these days. I had this video thrown towards me last night actually, pointing out it still was yet to hit the bigger blogs, and my response pretty much was unless it's a direct source then we don't do rumours.

It could be fake. But can someone find that Versus footage then? Square has only released a very little amount of footage for the game, but I honestly can't recall ever seeing that footage before (I could be mistaken).

And if it is real, the reason for major sites not picking it up could always be embargos. The part that really makes me suspicious is the Wii U, but that could explain some of the delays, I suppose.