Elder Scrolls / Oblivion

It seems like such a waste to rerelease it without any actual additional content. You can find the GOTY in bargain bins everywhere for about 10-20 bucks for all systems. I hope they dont charge 60 or even 50 for it. Shit, not even 40. its not worth it.

I do wonder if theyll create trophies for it. The PS3 version doesnt have trophies.

it also includes $10 off Skyrm so is quite good value. Since the game is so old it is only the manufacturing costs of the package they are covering, and I guess they are hoping people will buy this instead of second hand so they should do well enough out of it.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand people who think characters in Oblivion look fine. The game itself is great, but the characters are so butt freaking ugly that it's almost mandatory to install a beauty mod to get rid of the bucket faces and plastic surgery lips. Admittedly, it was Bethesda's first game on the engine, so it's rather odd of me to expect this much out of a game that's several years old.

It pales in comparison to Fallout 3's and New Vegas's characters, which I believe are a major improvement.

But not in a "my skin is stretched over the mesh that is my face" kind of ugly. And it got especially bad when it wasn't human races. Only Orks and Argonians seem to get away with it (The Khajit still look iffy despite having a tiger face).

Some people look fine, but most not so much. The women especially.

• Like 2

Oh, jeez. That inventory UI. Go download the DarnifiedUI or something; you have huge blocks of inventory space just taken up by the horrible UI system. Erg.

Naked characters aren't really much to be surprised about in Oblivion. After all, my character is a Blade/Sneak/Restoration/Athletics master that runs around half-naked wearing nothing but white linen pants, patched shoes, 2 rings, and a necklace, on top of his standard combat loadout of a Daedric claymore and dagger. Literally nothing can stand in my way. He's also proficient in Light Armor, but I like running around being a demigod with no shirt on.

*runs around with Skull of Corruption nude* I took a screenshot, but I'll refrain from posting it. I'd rather not deal with the caprice of offended folk. You know how they are. With their wailing and quibbling. Can always check my Steam screenshots if you want to see.

Anyhow, it's a lovely weapon. Pretty much makes a double of whomever you cast it at. I went Sneak/Destruction this time around, as I never beat the game on pure sneak. You know, since Bethesda think abysmal level scaling is cool or something.