InFamous

deanb

Infamous 2 behind the music. Qore Exclusive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnDLJE4BuI

It's 9 minutes long. There's no Amon Tobin this time. But Jim Dooley returns. He scored for Infamous along with Tobin last time. His recent works include Epic Mickey, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. He works a lot with Hans Zimmer (worked in his Studio and worked on Black Hawk Down, PoTC, etc). This time he's working with Brian Mantia and Galactic.

I've a thing for musical scores.

Edited to add menu music

Edited by WTF

• 2 months later...

Just given the demo a whirl. The engine has certainly been polished up. Not sure how keen I am on the random beast thingies. Also the "Devourer" thingy was a bit of an easy boss fight. (maybe just cos we're now honed to know that the mouth/insides is the weak point of any shelled enemy)

Kinda reminded me of the old one, not sure on the new VA though. Be nice to have a new town to cock about in. However I think I'll hold off until sometimes later down the line.

I'm trying to rustle up some cash so I can get this game soon. So far I've made $20, and if I can make an ad for my old wireless router soon, I'll have $45. I tried selling an old roommate's textbook, but the latest edition (supposedly) came out and the store wouldn't take it.

Yes, I have a job. However, they've been gigantic douches and haven't scheduled me for any shifts in the last two weeks. :angry:

I think I'll just flat out say the spoiler, because really, my impression from the responses I've been getting are off.

It's John White. You know, that guy who "died" when the Ray Sphere disappeared. I never once thought he was actually gone, especially when either option caused the Ray Sphere to "kill" John White. The reason why Sucker Punch has been treating the appearance of the Beast all "Cloverfield" style is because you'll know it's John White from the face. The Beast may be all super huge apocalyptic fire-lava man, but the Beast is still in a humanoid form.

Even then, that's only part of it. My advice, don't go researching anything inFAMOUS because that's how I was spoiled. Even if you think it's something harmless, it might have some affect on the sequel.

My copy arrived today. Just from the introductory section I can tell I'm really going to enjoy it. Nice that you even get a little bonus for hitting enemies when they're unawares.

The special edition stuff is pretty cool too. Who needs an amp, even a gold one, when you can have an electric samurai sword?! (Or Sly's cane? Or a caveman club?)

Alright, I'm only online for this one post because I ran across something interesting in inFAMOUS 2. For my breaks (from my paper and final), I'll hop onto the game for a bit and play around with side missions and possibly advance the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W88tpuacDR4

Yes, that is my [amazingly] handsome voice, and yes, I do realize my cameraman abilities precede me. :tophat:

Nothing huge, but I would definitely say that inFAMOUS 2 only goes up to a 9/10 game. That doesn't sound bad, but I believe the game could have been fantastic rather than really great if it were not for some glitches and bugs in side missions (and elsewhere). Trust me, sometimes it will benefit you to die during missions so that everything can "reset" itself.

Edited by Atomsk88

Finished inFAMOUS 2 earlier this morning. The last two bosses are fun, but also rather simple.

Assuming they go with the Good Ending as canon, it'll be hard to see where a sequel could come into play. I mean, I have a theory, but it's not an exciting one either. With the Evil Ending, I see a lot of potential, though it's bothersome.

Ive been having a fucking blast with Infamous 1. The platforming and climbing stuff is just really easy and fun to do. and while there are no cars or flying or anything to make trips faster, the dude runs pretty fast. I dare say that overall the running and climbing flows better than the AC games.Plus, the thruster thing is awesome when you get it. You just feel like a badass once you gain most of the powers.

Im going to open a big can of worms here, but whatever...

I still cant believe some people preferred Prototype over this. Prototype wasnt a bad game, but it was really forgettable and run of the mill. Its no secret(well maybe it is) that its just a reskinned Ultimate Hulk, which was also a fun game.

I dont know, its like comparing RDR with Scarface The World Is Yours. Scarface isnt a bad game, but it lacks a lot of polish and is also pretty forgettable. On the other hand, RDR has a lot of substance to it. Every little thing was thought of carefully. Theyre just really tight feeling games. The controls feel liek they should. Like special attention was given to every little thing. Im a fan of that.