InFamous

deanb

So the next infamous will be download only. I'm telling you people, the next consoles will be digital distribution only.

Is this something that's been said at Gamescom?

I think he's referring to Infamous 2: Festival of Blood, which seems to be very similar to what Rockstar did with Undead Nightmare. Horror-themed expansion coming out in October.

I'm not sure if they said it was stand-alone or not, though.

Edited by FLD

Ah, that must be it then. I'm not a big fan of zombies.

First you think this is Infamous 3 and now you think that this is zombies? Did you even watch the trailer? Did you even read whatever article you read?

Anyways, looks like werewolves and/or vampires. mitebcool

Sorry again, I'm at work so I didn't bother to watch the trailer. I heard someone say it's like RDR undead nightmare so I thought that meant zombies.

Hmm, turns out it is stand-alone after all. PS.Blog calls it DLC but also says that "previous inFAMOUS games will not be needed to play this DLC"

Seems a bit weird, but who cares. I still need to play inFAMOUS 2 ...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/16/infamous-2-dlc-festival-of-blood-drowns-psn-in-october/

I reckon it'll be a smallish ~£20 game. Not sure when they are going to set it though. Was there a 12-24 hour period that you wasn't covered in the story? I don't recall one.

And you can't really set it post game because either all the normals would be dead or all the conduits (including Cole) would be dead.

I guess this could just be an alternative universe thing. Obviously your Karmic choice through this is going to be Cure Vampirism or Become Badass Vampire. Think I'll sav the evil playthrough for last this time.

Hope they do some save game carry-over like they did for infamous 1-2. Either way, I'm getting this.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I got inFamous on boxing day 2010, yet I only played through the majority of it last week. A tad frustrating at times, but a fun game. It essentially was Assassin's Creed in a modern setting with super powers.

I beat it on Saturday and picked up the sequel right after. I'm nearing the end, and I have to say, it's better in almost every way than the original. The setting is better, the game play is better, Cole moves better.

This is the kind of game I want on the Vita, hopefully the rumours are true.

Oh I would say Cole climbs a lot better than any variant of Ezio. The two problems with climbing in inFAMOUS were 1) climbing down, and 2) chain link fences.

inFAMOUS 2 solved those two and you're like a rabid monkey climbing anything in your path. It's gooooooooooooood.

Edited by Atomsk88