Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Why am I smelling a "Protheans are actually the ancestors to humans" obvious "twist"?

Because you're a bit of a pessimist?

Calling out an obvious trope is being pessimistic? That's news to me.

Weren't Protheans like 8 foot tall, gangly, tentacle like features for a face/torso?

In fact:

Ilos_statues_2.png

It would take a fair bit for them to start to resemble us.

Retcon doesn't take much work.

Also:

fertility%20goddess%20two.jpg

I didn't say it wasn't a trope. It is. That's why it would suck if Bioware did it. Thus, making a negative prediction about Bioware = pessimism.

Am I missing something here? I guess if that's what they reveal in ME3, then it won't be pessimism, but realism. But for now we can only positively or negatively speculate, right? :no:

Yeah, that makes me nervous too.

The sad thing is, no matter how bad they fuck it up, I'm so invested in the ME series at this point that I won't be able to just skip it. At most I'll be able to wait for a small price drop/Amazon sale.

Here's hoping it's not what it sounds like though. From what Bioware folks have been saying they really took to heart the "it's not RPG enough" criticism of ME2, so I would hope they wouldn't then backtrack on that. Guess we'll see at E3.

When they speak of a "larger market," they may be referring to the PS3 consumer. In that case, it may be pro-RPG.

The bad news seems to have drowned out the release of two images -- one brand new, the other from the GI issue.

mass-effect-3-20110504113832604.jpg

mass-effect-3-20110504113831526_640w.jpg

That top one is SciFi-sexerrific!!!

Is there a place where I can get a large version of the first screenshot without the logo? That'd make a nice desktop background :D

How large? 1280*692 is the size of the original. And which logo? The IGN or ME3 one? The original has ME3 pasted on the bottom too.

Still if it appeals to you at that size n with the logo still in tow:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2066351/Random%20Images/MassEffect3.png

PXOD-writers-in-training: I don't particularly care if all you use gamespress for is wallpapers :P

I thought BioWare had said no multiplayer but apparently you can't rule it out.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106157-UPDATE-BioWare-Denies-Multiplayer-for-Mass-Effect-3

All Christina Norman can say is they're adding more awesome. :rolleyes:

http://twitter.com/#!/truffle/status/66008773797494784

http://twitter.com/#!/truffle/status/66010633308610560

I wonder if they'd try and add a first-person perspective for the 'shooter' market. :P

EDIT: More screenshots from GameInformer.

http://kotaku.com/#!5798810/these-mass-effect-3-screenshots-arent-saving-the-human-race

- Holy crap, that Batarian Husk looks creepy.

- Liara is keeping her Shadow Broker get-up I guess?

Edited by Hot Heart

Is the DLC canon for ME3?

More or less. The main events such as helping Liara are there, the nuanced choices are not "canon."

That doesn't mean all the DLC is important to the story or worth your money. If you're only going to choose a couple, I'd go with Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival.

When they speak of a "larger market," they may be referring to the PS3 consumer. In that case, it may be pro-RPG.

I don't see what PS3 consumers have to do with it being more pro-RPG. PS3 has plenty of brotastic games, and is home of the single most brotastic game ever made: God of War.

I don't see what PS3 consumers have to do with it being more pro-RPG. PS3 has plenty of brotastic games, and is home of the single most brotastic game ever made: God of War.

Many PS3 owners -- especially a couple years ago -- would tell you that RPGs (particularly JRPGs) were a key selling point of the system for them.

Look, I'm just trying to stay optimistic amid the otherwise grim news. There are a lot of possibilities when they talk about an expanded market. What about motion control? What about 3D? What about a tie-in to some DL-only arcade title?

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that ME3 is now Halo just yet. I've already had my moment of doubt (see negative rant on pg. 7, post #140) I'm done being negative. I'm going to have faith about Bioware.... for now.

Bioware's Christina Norman:

Let me make this simple: we are improving both the RPG and Shooter aspects of ME3

http://twitter.com/#!/truffle/status/66325265936171008

So on that note I'm going to join HotChops in the optimistic camp.

Yeah, it's really good stuff. Here's Kotaku's article on it.

Weird changes. Kinda spoilers following, where you go and what environments are like:

I like the new focus. It feels, indeed, epic, like a final 3rd act should be. I love as well that we'll go to the Turian homeworld, and that there are huge open areas. I love open areas in games. More than anything. They're practically never bad, and while I never slated ME 1 and 2 for not having them, they would have been nice.

Edited by kenshi_ryden

"As Shepard you're more agile than ever before" Hudson continues. "You're falling, climbing, jumping, rolling between cover, SWAT turning, you can melee and grab enemies over cover objects... there's a new heavy melee attack for every class. You just feel way more mobile..."

I like how they're tweaking the combat system. Now he can actually be more of a soldier. I was actually wondering why most TPS games don't use SWAT turning. It's very useful. Last I recall, the only other game that had SWAT turning was Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Also, I read that depending on what relationship you took in 1 and 2, will come back to bite you in 3.

To which I say: Your fault for dumping me, Ashley. Tali is a much better life partner anyways.