Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

• 2 weeks later...

ME3 with Kinect -_-

I'm not saying they can't implement it well or that it could detract from the kinect-less experience, but did they have to add that purple bar to the cover? I just hope they don't leave it on the Collector's Edition.

Also, I don't think that's the final artwork either. Shepard is cutting into the Mass Effect logo and it feels emptier than the previous covers. Maybe if Harbinger or the Normandy was on the background on the right...

Final note: looks like the melee attacks can come in the form of blade-shaped omni-tools. Looks cool I guess.

Final note: looks like the melee attacks can come in the form of blade-shaped omni-tools. Looks cool I guess.

Son, I am disappoint.

I mean, Shepard has goddamn cybernetically-enhanced muscles now. I was expecting some crazy Captain Falcon-esque stuff.

Maybe they will grow out of his hands like Wolverine or some such? :P

So myself (and many others) asked Casey Hudson via Twitter if the Kinect rumors were true. His response:

Can't comment on the Kinect rumors. On an unrelated note, I just flew to the Citadel and boy are my arms tired.

Take from that what you will.

Edited by Vargras

Just saw this post

gallery_184_48_48129.jpg

No wonder they can't make a decent rpg. They are too busy with this kind of stuff, and advising people to play as gay Shepard.

[rage]

Fuck you, Bioware. Fuck you and your gay ass faggot shit. That is all.

[/rage]

So they can't make a decent RPG because they're including relationships for players of different sexual orientations?

The fuck is wrong with you?

Edited by Vargras

You're making a big deal over a very small issue. I don't know if you know it or not, but Mass Effect was originally going to have the option to have a homosexual relationship with either Kaidan or Ashley. They actually still have the lines in-game for it.

Bioware (and many other companies) have fans have all races and orientations. Just because they decide to make content that everyone can enjoy, doesn't necessarily make it a horrible game.

If you seriously have a stick in your ass over gay relationships in a video game, go somewhere else. Contrary to popular belief, the straight male gamer is not the only market.

You're making a big deal over a very small issue. I don't know if you know it or not, but Mass Effect was originally going to have the option to have a homosexual relationship with either Kaidan or Ashley. They actually still have the lines in-game for it.

The problem is they are making a big deal out of it, instead of making a better story and non-linearity(looks at witcher 2). Official forums are littered with posts of people concerned with this stuff.

Bioware (and many other companies) have fans have all races and orientations. Just because they decide to make content that everyone can enjoy, doesn't necessarily make it a horrible game.

*this is me giving a fuck*

go somewhere else.

Nope.

• Like 1

The problem is they are making a big deal out of it, instead of making a better story and non-linearity(looks at witcher 2). Official forums are littered with posts of people concerned with this stuff.

The only person I've seen make a big deal out of this is you. I've heard zero complaints about it, and only a passing mention here or there up until now.

They're working on the story. They're working on the non-linearity.

Stop whining.

EDIT: Just checked the official forums. Not a single topic regarding the gay/lesbian relationships.

At least provide some proof.

Edited by Vargras

Oh I've seen that forum post before. I too rolled my eyes just hopping that it's not a proper on-staff developer but a forum mod trying to act cool n in the know.

I'm still confused on why he's suddenly able to be gay when Bioware stated explicitly around DA:O's release that he wasn't gay.

The way the forum post read it sounds like it's getting forced on your regardless which seems a shitty way to go about it. I do agree with Kovach, time spend working in a gay storyline at the last minute seems a bit of waste of time that could be going on making sure the other stuff gets the polish it needs.

I do agree with Kovach, time spend working in a gay storyline at the last minute seems a bit of waste of time that could be going on making sure the other stuff gets the polish it needs.

Kinda hard for it to be last minute when the game isn't even due out until next year. :P

Oh I've seen that forum post before. I too rolled my eyes just hopping that it's not a proper on-staff developer but a forum mod trying to act cool n in the know.

I'm still confused on why he's suddenly able to be gay when Bioware stated explicitly around DA:O's release that he wasn't gay.

The way the forum post read it sounds like it's getting forced on your regardless which seems a shitty way to go about it. I do agree with Kovach, time spend working in a gay storyline at the last minute seems a bit of waste of time that could be going on making sure the other stuff gets the polish it needs.

Someone who understands. Finally.

I do agree with Kovach

Uhm... nevermind.

I do agree with Kovach, time spend working in a gay storyline at the last minute seems a bit of waste of time that could be going on making sure the other stuff gets the polish it needs.

Kinda hard for it to be last minute when the game isn't even due out until next year. :P

Last minute as in they've waited until the final game to go "oh hey, maybe he's gay"

I do agree with Kovach

Uhm... nevermind.

Woopsie. I follow Avatars/images more. It's cos you both have 40K avatars.

To be honest up until recently the forum did have a lot of topics about gay relationships. After it was confirmed is when a mod started closing all of them. But in my opinion it was one of the main things discussed on the forums.

Also I guess I would just say I dont have any problems with Shepard being gay but it would of probably been better if it was that way all along.

Edited by topeka!

I think what gets Maritan and makes me raise an eyebrow is how that person said it. Its almost like they're trying to push the "Hey, you can be gay Shepard!" thing a bit too hard. I'm chill with gay Shepard but what I'm not chill with is how that person is really trying to drill it in.

Edit:

It also doesn't help that her name almost makes me think of a fan fiction loving... fiend. You know, the kind that write those fanfic that gives fanfic a bad name?

Edited by MaliciousH

I think what gets Maritan and makes me raise an eyebrow is how that person said it. Its almost like they're trying to push the "Hey, you can be gay Shepard!" thing a bit too hard. I'm chill with gay Shepard but what I'm not chill with is how that person is really trying to drill it in.

I guess in her defense, one of the ME2 loading screen tips DOES tell you to roll a Shepard of a different gender, since things vary between the two genders and alignments.

She's probably just trying to tell folks to try it so they can see the new content, but she does seem kinda forceful about it.