Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

You speak the lines now with Kinect? That's kind of cool. Also, the Rainbow Six-styled voice commands are pretty neat.

Kind of, but it made the whole "What's on the menu is not what Shepard says" is made all the more jarring by this. To be honest, I would prefer it if they would give you the option of making Shepard a mute, so that you speak what's on the menu and that's that. None of this "speak, then hear Shepard say something completely different" thing. That doesn't make it more immersive at all <_<

We have to do things different than everyone else, dammit! Although, not many countries outside of Europe drive on the left side of the road, so we're kind of like the cool kids for that, right?

Also, it comes out 12 days before my birthday. Too bad for my wife, I'll be buying it on the 6th anyways,

What the fuck is this shit?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-fall-mass-effect/716253

Is this a trailer for Mass Effect 3 or a generic Michael Bay film?

I still want the game but DAMN this is a terrible trailer. BioWare better not be going for THIS style.

Edited by RockyRan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No it's kind of new to me. I know a fair few of the supporting cast are based on IRL people, never crossed my mind that the customisable character would be built off someone too. Just seemed a tad pointless imo.

It's just the default appearance is all. I suppose they still have to make it look like someone, so the player has a base to start with. In other news:

Will we show Tali's face in #ME3? We locked down our approach long ago, but you'll have to wait until March to find out what it is.

Bioware already seems to know what it's going to do with Tali. Fans are stuck waiting until next year, though. HNNNNNNNNNGH.

EDIT: No multiplayer co-op either. That already got shot down.

Edited by Vargras

My connection between ME and CT was a whole lot more superficial. I simply thought that CT and ME did one thing very well that every other game can't even begin to do: make really good characters, give them really good backstories, and engage the player with said characters in a meaningful way.

But yes, I'm also one of those people who was reminded of CT for one reason or another when playing ME.