Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

In case anyone cares, Bioware is running a poll right now to choose what the default Female Shepard will look like in ME3. Whichever of the six wins will be the default appearance in-game for Female Shepard, and will also be what she looks like on the box art.

Just a heads-up, the poll IS on Facebook and only on Facebook.

Female Shepard Poll

In addition, it's basically guaranteed that we'll see Tali's face now. Fans have repeatedly asked at Comic-Con if we'll see what she looks like, to which they keep saying "You'll have to play and see" - and that's essentially a "Yes".

• 1 month later...

ME3 website got updated with some more stuff. There's a mini-game now, might potentially hint at something new in ME3. No clue yet.

Also, via Twitter, we'll be able to further customize our quarters in the Normandy (besides just changing music, getting ship models, and getting fish), and there's apparently going to be fleet battles!

ME3 website got updated with some more stuff. There's a mini-game now, might potentially hint at something new in ME3. No clue yet.

I must be blind or stupid (possibly both) because I don't see it. :(

Kinda-sorta hidden link in the top right, labeled as N7 OPS.

Here's the link if you couldn't find it: http://masseffect.com/me3/n7ops/

EDIT: OH HEY NEW SCREENSHOTS.

screenshot-024-p.jpg

Looks like either the Sentinel or Engineer heavy melee.

screenshot-025-p.jpg

screenshot-026-p.jpg

Edited by Vargras

I still havent finished ME2. I feel bad. :(

YOU SHOULD. Better have it finished before ME3 comes out so you can import.

The more I look at Cerberus troop armor, the more I want my Shepard to be wearing it.

Shepard wearing Cerberus armor killing Cerberus soldiers. I'd like that.

There was some Cerberus armor you could wear in ME2, but it didn't look nearly as good as this stuff.

a

I still havent finished ME2. I feel bad. :(

YOU SHOULD. Better have it finished before ME3 comes out so you can import.

The more I look at Cerberus troop armor, the more I want my Shepard to be wearing it.

Shepard wearing Cerberus armor killing Cerberus soldiers. I'd like that.

There was some Cerberus armor you could wear in ME2, but it didn't look nearly as good as this stuff.

I never liked the premade armors in ME2, because even though the bonuses were nice, I couldn't see my broshep's face, and that makes a big difference.

• 3 weeks later...

So Uhh.....I just finished Mass Effect 2. I loved it. Gonna play it again right away.

Well, two of my team members died at the end. How does the game decide who dies and who doesnt? It felt kind of random.

Everyone is loyal on my team except Jack, but she didnt die. I got all the upgrades for the Normandy too.

The ending was also a huge cocktease. Is the Arrival DLC worth it?

Well, two of my team members died at the end. How does the game decide who dies and who doesnt? It felt kind of random.

Everyone is loyal on my team except Jack, but she didnt die. I got all the upgrades for the Normandy too.

The ending was also a huge cocktease. Is the Arrival DLC worth it?

Who you choose to go into certain situations during the final battle will dictate who gets killed.

Simply put, there are a specific few character choices for each situation; choosing any character other than those specific few will result in their death.

I liked the Arrival DLC, but it doesn't really do anything to follow up on the end of the main story. I'd say the only absolute, must-have DLC is Lair of the Shadow Broker, though I'd recommend Arrival as well. Even though it doesn't wrap up the end of ME2 any more, it still kind of sets up for the beginning of ME3.

I'd say it's worth playing. But I'd advise you use cheats for money, you don't want to fuck about with the hacking minigame and stuff. It's still enjoyable regardless.

I did wind up using a combination of gamepad and mouse via Xpadder because the controls weren't as refined as ME2, and I'm terrible at left-hand keyboard stuff. (Thanks again to Dean for that tip).

As a PS3 owner, I skipped Mass Effect 1. Should I play it on PC? How much different is it?

I hate to say it with the master race in here, but I liked Mass Effect 2 and I liked Dragon Age 2's "dumbing" down of the rpg system.

No no, I'm with you there too. I honestly don't see how ME2 "dumbed down" the RPG elements. All that really got dumped was the atrocious inventory system, and the combat in both ME and DAO was pretty slow-paced.