Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

Looks like ME1 PC is going for $20... I'd recommend it, but really it depends on how much you want to play it.

Now, if there were some way you could get a PC copy for free, well then I would definitely say it's worth free...

*Edit* - The inventory system in ME1 was horrendous and needed to be fixed in ME2. However, it made me sad that rather than fixing it they just got rid of it altogether. I like having control over my team's and my equipment. And in ME2 they didn't give you enough information to intelligently exercise what little control they do give you.

Honestly, Ill probably download it and cheat the shit out of it. I just want to experience the story, not necessarily the gameplay. The comic in the PS3 version for ME1 was cool, but I felt like I was missing out a lot on the character development and all the small details and stuff. I still dont feel like Sovereign or Saren were that important to the whole plot. Tali and Ashley also feel like cameos in ME2 to me and not full party members from previous games. Garrus was awesome though and id like to see more of him.

I checked out the Mass Effect wikia, but those things never satisfy me.

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, as far as weapon and armor dlc, which ones are truly worth it? The PS3 version comes with all of the dlc(including the cerberus network) except the weapon and armor packs. And Arrival of course. Im saying this because I thought the collector armor looked really badass. I kinda want it.

Also, it kind of sucks that you cant remove the helmets from the dlc armors. Its lame really. I dont use them just because of that, but now that i beat the game im willing to use different armor.

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, as far as weapon and armor dlc, which ones are truly worth it? The PS3 version comes with all of the dlc(including the cerberus network) except the weapon and armor packs. And Arrival of course. Im saying this because I thought the collector armor looked really badass. I kinda want it.

Also, it kind of sucks that you cant remove the helmets from the dlc armors. Its lame really. I dont use them just because of that, but now that i beat the game im willing to use different armor.

There's only one armor set that actually lets you mix and match the pieces, and that's the Kestrel Armor. It's an amazing set for Vanguards, Infiltrators, and Sentinels. The Firepower Pack gives you some pretty powerful weapons. The Mattock is a semi-auto rifle, but also extremely powerful. The Phalanx is a heavy pistol that users a laser instead of the cross hairs when you zoom in - it's harder to aim while moving, but the shot will always hit where the laser is pointing, and it packs quite the punch. The only armor set that's really worth it is the previously mentioned Kestrel Armor, and only if you play one of those three classes.

The new game plus really sucks in this. You don't keep your upgrades or your squad points and im not a hundred percent sure, but I feel like enemies level up with you, so keeping your level is pointless. I don't want to collect all the upgrades again. I just want to be an overpowered asshole while blasting everybody in the face with a shotgun. You keep the weapons, that's about the only good thing about new game plus, but its not like the weapons make that much of a difference. Plus, id like to try a new class or whatever.

at this point, its probably a better idea to start an all new game.

I dont think so. It seemed like a set amount. You get 50,000 of every mineral and I had 200,000 credits. Exactly. Im pretty thats not what I had.

So if I want to use the shotgun primarily this time, vanguard would be ideal, right?

Yes. Vanguard is based almost entirely around close-quarters combat. It's also extremely fun (the most fun class in ME2, imo), much better than what it was like in ME. You get a charge that knocks back any enemy in the game and refills your shields.

• 2 weeks later...

Co-op would be nice, but I don't wanna have sexy dialogue with my college friends.

If they're gonna add co-op, they better have something like a party member who is one of those white robots that can have somebody drop in/out. You know, an empty shell of a party member that wouldn't matter if somebody joins in.

But what's the incentive of joining? More experience for your Shepard? They better have something good.

This:

http://twitter.com/#...464817804709888

leads me to believe that the initial reaction to the confirmation of multiplayer has not been good. That looks like the kind of thing that's in response to lots of "Fuck that, cancelling my ME3 preorder" comments.

I'm not really bothered about other people's reactions. Always bound to be a negative vocal reaction to any new thing. I think it will at least be interesting to see, and why shouldn't BioWare try some co-op third-person-shooter stuff? Not even as if it impacts on the single-player...despite possibly delaying the release. :P

And here is a thing confirming the 'co-op missions' element.

http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/123465882281320449

Bioware could have done a lot better regarding spin control on this. I mean, multiplayer has been rumored for months, and I don't think I was the only one thinking that meant competitive, not cooperative, and having horrifying visions of something like Gears of War's multi tacked on. I was pretty convinced though that they wouldn't do that cause it would be retarded, so I figured there actually was no multi. Then they confirm there really is multi and everyone goes back to their terrible visions and is like "OMG! The end is nigh!" I think they could have avoided a lot of that by making sure to confirm it as cooperative rather than competitive right from the get-go, instead of this after-the-fact "No, calm down everyone, it's cooperative!"