Mass Effect

AcidCrownie

Andromeda  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to get Mass Effect Andromeda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I need to see more
    • Already have it preordered
  2. 2. If you are getting Andromeda, what system will you play it on?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
    • I'm delusional and think I'll be able to get it on Switch

13204862793227.jpg

So Hardcore...

lolololol. I thought they said they were going to make it more RPG, not make a mode that just turned it into a corridor shooter. What's the damn point?

So in interest, what's the other two modes?

I get the feeling it'll be similar to the Deus Ex: Human Revolution difficulties. By that, I mean Give Me A Story (Story Mode, in this case) was the easiest difficulty and gave you the most time to soak in the story. You didn't have to stress out so much about combat, you could take things at your pace. RPG Mode might be the middle-ground, blending both, with Action Mode being purely shooting?

It's just a hunch, and WAY too early to really tell.

somebody who played the demo said this of the modes:

Story Mode- Combat is made INCREDIBLY easy so you don't stress over it, get done with it easily, then move on. This is made for those who only care about the story.

Action Mode- Made for those who just want to play and not worry about the multiple dialogue decisions that can affect the different ways the story ends. Apparently the game makes the dialogue choices for you, making them like actual cutscenes I guess.

RPG Mode- the way we've been playing Mass Effect this entire time.

In other words if the above is true, Mass Effect 3 has become even more watered down than the other two. They really want the casual folk to play the game. I haven't seen any other developer try so hard to make their game like this and I really don't get why Bioware is doing so, but according to the user who said the above stuff the game in RPG mode still has a lot of depth so hopefully they didn't mess with that.

I'm also really hoping that these don't replace the difficulties and that we can still beat the game in the 4 or so difficulties we usually have.

somebody who played the demo said this of the modes:

Story Mode- Combat is made INCREDIBLY easy so you don't stress over it, get done with it easily, then move on. This is made for those who only care about the story.

Action Mode- Made for those who just want to play and not worry about the multiple dialogue decisions that can affect the different ways the story ends. Apparently the game makes the dialogue choices for you, making them like actual cutscenes I guess.

RPG Mode- the way we've been playing Mass Effect this entire time.

In other words if the above is true, Mass Effect 3 has become even more watered down than the other two. They really want the casual folk to play the game. I haven't seen any other developer try so hard to make their game like this and I really don't get why Bioware is doing so, but according to the user who said the above stuff the game in RPG mode still has a lot of depth so hopefully they didn't mess with that.

I'm also really hoping that these don't replace the difficulties and that we can still beat the game in the 4 or so difficulties we usually have.

Considering the screenshot mentions Action Mode as having "a normal difficulty", I'd still assume you'll be able to change the difficulties.

In other words if the above is true, Mass Effect 3 has become even more watered down than the other two.

I wouldn't say it's watered-down; certainly not as a whole. It's just giving players more options.

Yeah, exactly. I much prefer them offering different ways to play the game rather than just streamlining the shit out of it like they did Mass Effect 2.

They should feel free to add an "action mode" for idiots who think the game should be less RPG and more shooty as long as it doesn't diminishes the "proper" mode.

Edited by FLD

I did some digging and found more screenshots. It's okay to relax, the normal difficulty options are still there. I'll be making multiple posts in order to get all of these up, so apologies for chain-posting.

Full gallery of screenshots may be found at: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451016

IcVoOl.jpg

R4gTR.jpg

6313379645_b7253506fe_b.jpg

Edited by Vargras

6313390839_540f2ec3c7_z.jpg

These two things make me happy. Looks like they've added more depth back into the leveling system (I know they'd already said they were, but I was a little skeptical).

They probably aren't happy about this leak, but honestly the info that's come out of it has only made me feel better about the direction they're going after ME2. It may end up being a good thing for them.

6313390839_540f2ec3c7_z.jpg

These two things make me happy. Looks like they've added more depth back into the leveling system (I know they'd already said they were, but I was a little skeptical).

They probably aren't happy about this leak, but honestly the info that's come out of it has only made me feel better about the direction they're going after ME2. It may end up being a good thing for them.

Don't forget the second Liara screenshot. Within each ability, you can further customize it.

Wow, nice screenshots. I think I like what they're doing with the system, especially with the more in-depth skill customization. On top of that, it looks like they changed the HUD a little bit so the shield/health/companion areas are more prominent.

On another note, did anyone else just leave their Shepard named "John"? I changed my Shepard's name to Adrian (as a homage to Adrian Shepard from Half-Life: Opposing Force). Kept his looks the same, though. Contemplating changing up the looks this time around.

it's not that I don't like it. I don't mind, really. I'm just not very good at making them. They usually end up looking... weird. I kinda wish I could post a screenshot of my attempt at making a femshep on PS3. My friend let out a very loud "WHAT THE FUCK" when I showed him. I just don't have the eye for detail necessary to match facial features that go well together.

Also, in the case of Mass Effect, it just feels to me like default Shepard is the "real" one.

Decided to throw up the youtube videos from the Neogaf link as well. Be advised, these videos cover the initial Earth intro (which we have seen before) - HOWEVER, they also go beyond that a bit. The following videos WILL contain spoilers. With that being said, ME3 looks to be much more emotionally engaging, just based on the videos alone. March 6th seems so far away.

Also a reminder, this is internal beta footage. As such, parts of the game aren't yet finished. It was also recorded on someone's iPhone while they were playing, which explains why it's choppy.

Edited by Vargras

The weapons sound amazing. The guy who took the footage, the first time he uses a shotgun, even says "Holy". Also looks like health will regenerate, but only to a certain extent. In the last video, he loses two-fifths of his health bar and it never regenerates.

Edited by Vargras